This was the first year that our whole family dressed up for Halloween, and it was really fun to finally get everyone into the spirit of the holiday. A family theme was what we had originally intended, but we ended up going with what came easy and inexpensive.
While attending my nephews baptism a few weeks back, my sister mentioned to me that Kevin looked a lot like Billy Mays. With his blue shirt, khaki pants, and 2 day scruff I had to agree. That was the beginning of Billy.
While attending my nephews baptism a few weeks back, my sister mentioned to me that Kevin looked a lot like Billy Mays. With his blue shirt, khaki pants, and 2 day scruff I had to agree. That was the beginning of Billy.
As for the girls, well they seem to be a little more high maintenance when it comes to costumes. I was hoping for something a little more light weight than last years costumes, (as I expected it to be another warm Halloween) and I wanted something that they would actually enjoy wearing. After finding two pairs of wings and two dresses at a thrift store, we settled on fairies.
This left me very confused as to how I was going to link Billy Mays to fairies with my costume. I decided not to pursue any cleaning product costumes, and to just join the girls in their fairydom.
A Tooth Fairy seemed mature enough, and fit quite nicely.
And so you see what happens when Billy Mays meets the Tooth Fairy, and they fall in love.
We enjoyed several Halloween activities this year.
The girls got to frost and decorate cookies on three different occasions, which made them very happy.
We had a family Halloween Party for the first time where we carved pumpkins, and made paper witches shoes.
some of the attendees included:
Sally & Jack,
two Inn-N-Out workers with their cute Double Double,
We also attended two trunk or treats, and came away with a pretty decent stash of candy.
I can't wait until next year!
8 comments:
how cute! {i think i might say that on every one of your posts!}
but really, i love your creativity and your festive family! i dont think anyone is ever too old to dress up.
How fun! And so good for you for dressing up. I don't remember when I last did.
And yep, your husband totally pulls off the look :)
thats awesome. ha, u know whats funny is it ended warming up just in time for Halloween. how convenient.
so cute! I've never thought of the tooth fairy! our firend was Billy Mays too! ur girls make super sweet fairies!!! ok, and sally and jack.... well a little too well done for me :) ok I really only wish I could be so creative and that James would dress up!
You guys look so cute. Your tooth fairy costum looked really good! Kevin as Billy Mays is great. I can't belive how big your girls are getting. They look like they have grown so much since the beach.
I gotta say, Kevin makes a good Billy Mays. Good choice on the fairydom...you and the girls look adorable!
I loved your costumes!!!! You guys are so creative! Billy Mates was hilarious and you girls make beautiful fairies!
Super cute all around! Love your costume, you guys are so creative!
Post a Comment