Some have taken to it more than others, and that continues to be the case.
Brenna was making her usual daily deposit, until last Saturday night. After the ward Trunk R' Treat, I took all of the candy that was bite sized and filled up the potty incentive bowl. After experiencing her first Milk Dud, Brenna was suddenly needing to visit the potty 7 times a day. I found her requesting more liquids than normal, and sometimes purposely depositing one nugget at a time. She devoured all the Milk Duds, Whoppers, and M&M's in a matter of days. She knew what she wanted and she knew how to get it. Who knew a little chocolate would do the trick?
Her sassy sister Brooke recently appointed herself to the the role of doodie dumper and flushing fairy. She takes great pride in her work, and will scream and fight Brenna to the death in order to maintain her pro bono practices. Her breath quickens every time the candy bowl is lowered from the bathroom cabinet and Brenna's fingers glide across each glossy treat. Immediately, she will begin to plead her case with a wrinkled nose and random grunts. Her time on the potty is spent reading the IKEA catalog or coaching Brenna, but nothing more.
Her sassy sister Brooke recently appointed herself to the the role of doodie dumper and flushing fairy. She takes great pride in her work, and will scream and fight Brenna to the death in order to maintain her pro bono practices. Her breath quickens every time the candy bowl is lowered from the bathroom cabinet and Brenna's fingers glide across each glossy treat. Immediately, she will begin to plead her case with a wrinkled nose and random grunts. Her time on the potty is spent reading the IKEA catalog or coaching Brenna, but nothing more.
I can't quite figure her out but as they say, everything has its season.
9 comments:
Good luck. Potty training is really one of those things that you just have to let happen. But bribery along the way obviously helps :)
I think it's wonderful that Brenna has taken the intiative as a leader in the potty area. Brooke will follow in her own time. But I'd do anything for chocolate too!
Shellee-
It is a good thing that Brenna gets to be the leader. Brooke has always done everything first, so this is her chance to shine:)
LOVE it. Until we figure out how Sophie can pee standing up like her brother...I think we'll never get her potty trained! :-)
Wow. What a fashion statement! Your girls are adorable!
lol. see, a little incentive can get us just about anywhere. good for them.
Not even chocolate helped my sassy girl, but my son caught on right away! Go figure. It just is a matter of time and then it catches on and there's no looking back.
Hey missy! it was good to meet you today. sry i had to book it, my two yr old just goes goes goes. i feel like i ran a mile. Hope you had a good shopping spree! ttyl.
Potty training is quite the adventure! I also wanted to say that I am SO excited that I can tell Brooke and Brenna apart now! Also, your witches shoes are fabulous! I seriously love them! You are FULL of cuteness!
Post a Comment