We're learning that playing in the sprinklers and sampling mud sometimes comes before grocery shopping and other important errands.
We're learning that baths are more of a necessity now than ever before and are sometimes needed more than once a day.
We're learning that small things like laundry can overwhelm us if we miss a load or two, but it will get done........... eventually.
We're learning that while my womb allowed me to do amazing things like carry 2 babies at once, I'm on my own now and my one set of arms will sometimes fall short.

We're learning that sharing doesn't come naturally for toddlers. It not only disgusts them but also causes negative reactions such as crying, hair pulling, hitting and biting.
And so...........
We're learning
to enjoy them for who they are and what they can do today, to make the most of the difficult times and move on, to not sweat the "small stuff," to look forward to those late night wakings when one doesn't have to share me and my one set of arms is just enough, to take a kazillion pictures in an attempt to capture their every changing form, and to realize how truly blessed we are to have them in our life.
17 comments:
wow.
i have so much LEARNING to do!!
lets just hope i learn to enjoy it before i go insane!
you are such an amazing mommy :)
I can totally relate to all of that, although I only have one toddler, not two. I don't know how you do it. The toddler years are lots of work and definetely a learning experience. I love all of those pictures. Your kids are so cute.
What a sweet post!
Were you carrying triplets?
How scary that they can squeeze through the fence. Thanks goodness that only in a few months you wont have to worry about that anymore.
I love all the pics!
You truly are blessed to have such sweet little babies. And every day for the rest of your life will be a learning experience!! Love you guys!
I'll I ave to say is So True...to it all!
this was the sweetest, most tender post. i loved reading it. i think i will read it again. :)
you are such a good momma!
I love reading your blog. Your girls are so cute. And you do such a good job with your posts and pictures. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy what we have today instead of saying "I can't wait until...". You are amazing.
I tagged you!
That was such a cute post!
I LOVE to read your blog. It's fun, uplifting, and shows how you seem to be able to make lemonade out of lemons, on a regular basis. Bless you! Time goes so fast, even though on the busiest, craziest days it goes slowly!! Your girlies (and Kev and Shirley) are lucky to have you in their lives!! Thanks for sharing!!
TWINS ARE GREAT BLESSINGS to all!
that was soooo sweet! and I forgot how good you looked for carrying twins... you were truely ALL baby!
What is it about naked baby bums that is so cute? But two at once, I am on overload, I love this post, I want it to be a poster, your girls are adorable.
that was the sweetest post! Great perspective for us as future parents! thanks for all your cute posts!
I am WAY behind on reading everyone's blogs! Guess that's what being in the hospital for almost a week, then being 'out of it' for another will do to you!
Anyway I LOVE your posts & SO TRUE about all the things to learn and do! This post was so sweet that I cried (but I'm sure my menopausal hormones didn't help! :) )
The girls are adorable in their costumes!
Your Chocolate Milk post is really cute! You are such a good writer! I am definetly envious of how cute your posts always are! You always come up with the cutest ideas to present things!
I love this post! I feel the same way everyday. My girls always suprise me with the things they do and I try to learn from them.
oh yes, my one toddler takes all my brain power and then some, I haven't learned nearly as much as some of the pre-parent people who give me dirty looks in the grocery store when my toddler starts screaming.... I haven't learned nearly as much as other parents of toddlers who seem to have a never ending stream of advice and "helpful" tips on how I could "do it better"... I guess I have a lot to learn.
However, God is THE parent... and even though I don't know it all, or even most of it, I can take solace in the idea that with God, all things are possible!
Oh my they are so cute. I haven't been on the computer for about a week and I have missed so much on your blog. I can't belive how fun and crazy 2 little girls must be.
Post a Comment