Monday, September 15, 2008

A Wonderful Sunday



Sundays are my favorite day of the week. Some weeks it's the only day Kevin has off of work so I enjoy being able to spend more time with him. I love dressing the girls in their cute church dresses and shoes, not forgetting the little bows
on their pig tails. It's like wrapping a beautiful present. I love being able to go to church and be spiritually fed, this last Sunday was particularly filling. I thoroughly enjoyed each talk and lesson that was given and felt uplifted. The girls went to church with my brother Anthony and his wife Robyn. They enjoyed a little toddler-sitting practice as they described here. After seeing Hannah Johnson with a purse a few Sundays ago, the girls now consider it a MUST have accessory. Grandma Patti was kind enough to donate this fancy handbag which the girls took with them to church and most likely fought over. I made a batch of honey wheat bread which turned out well considering it's been a few years. There's nothing like the aroma of bread baking in the oven. Hope your Sunday was wonderful too:)

5 comments:

Alison said...

I was jealous thinking that the girls must be so well behaved during church since you were able to listen to the talks and lessons and then I read the next sentence! How fun to be able to get a break every now and then and actually enjoy church!

Adria said...

don't you just love fall? well almost fall! i love baking pumpkin bread all fall long! i have never tried honey wheat bread but i feel like i can smell the goodness from here! do post the recipe! the girls are darling~

Anonymous said...

you domestic diva, you! you might need to come over and teach me how to make such yumminess. i attempted honey wheat bread once...yeast is not my friend.
oh, you asked about my whole wheat cookies...i have been using my MIL wheat grinder :)
happy baking!

The Rogers said...

Your bread looks so yummy! Hey I chose you as one of the blogs I love to read! You can view my blog for more details! But just wanted you to know I love reading your blog, such a fun happening family!

Holly Janeen said...

YOU SICKEN ME! LOOK HOW PERFECT THOSE ARE!!!!!!!!!
agh.
hello, recipe please!