Saturday, September 6, 2008

A First Birthday

How do you make a 1 year old's birthday special? Well ,we started the day off as we always do, the girls slept until 830am and woke with smiles on their faces and hair in every direction.


I made them a special breakfast of waffles topped with bananas and squirty cream, yum! They both kept trying to take off their diapers when I was attempting to get them dressed so I decided to let them roam naked for a little while since it was their special day. This lasted until Brenna peed on the carpet, I figured I shouldn't wait to see what else might happen! We had a little get together last night with family and some friends. The theme was watermelon so we had cupcakes and ice cream that looked like watermelon and they turned out really cute.


We had a twin trivia game, opened gifts and then sang happy birthday. Unfortunately, their DNA test results were not ready for the party but don't worry, I will keep you posted. I don't think the girls understood what was going on at their birthday party, but they seemed to enjoy stuffing their faces with cake and ice cream.

Happy Birthday Brenna and Brooke!
We love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that party sounds really cute...the food definately looks tasty.
can't wait to hear the results! :)

choice_spirit said...

Happy Birthday!

Kyle & Shadolyn said...

cute watermelon cupcakes and ice cream! What a cute idea! Happy Birthday to Brooke & Brenna!

The Robinsons said...

Happy Birthday Girls! They are just so stinkin' cute! Give them kisses from me and Sophie!

Adria said...

oh happy birthday! the party looked like a total hit! the cake looked delish:) can't wait to hear the results.

Kimmie said...

You are the cutest mom with your perfectly cute little family and your super cute watermelon cake! I think it's great you let them roam around in their birthday suit on their birthday! What baby wouldn't love it! Too bad we all can't do that on our birthdays! (:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so dang cute!! That's a fun idea to have a watermelon themed party:) What a cute Mom you are!