Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Cheese Please!

"more"
We taught the girls a few things in sign language because we thought it would help them to communicate, and to be honest it's just so darn cute to watch! Brenna caught on pretty quick and would eagerly sign "more" by hitting her two fists together, Brooke on the other hand thought that growling and throwing her hands up towards the food was sign enough. Now they can sign "more" or "please"(Brooke's version of "more") and "all done." Yesterday I was giving them some cheese to tide them over while I was preparing dinner. They both LOVE cheese so they gobbled it down and signed for "more"/"please". I gave them each another piece and Brenna shoved the whole thing in her mouth and then went over to Brooke who was still working on her piece and began signing "more" hoping her sister would give her the rest of her cheese. Brooke was not impressed and declined to Brenna's dismay. It was the cutest thing though, I wish I could have gotten it on tape. Brenna also tried this on some strangers at Joe's BBQ Wednesday night, and unfortunately had the same result. Sorry Bren, unfortunately your cuteness and knowledge of sign language doesn't work on everyone.

3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

Your girls are so funny! Sophie does the same stuff but I can't imagine how much funnier it would be with two! Cute babies. Let's get them together and watch all three run around!

TheBurtons said...

Oh i am totally doing sign with my girly. It seriously helps kids talk sooner. You just can't let them use sign as a crutch. Always "speak" the words and sign them. Fun Fun!!

Photography By Jo said...

I'm jealous. EmmaLee doesn't seem to pay attention to my signing. lol. Maybe I go for too many words at once. That is so cute though that they sign!