Sunday, September 28, 2008

Can you say accident prone?

As we entered the world of toddling one year-olds I didn't realize we were in for so many bumps and bruises along the way! These kids are so accident prone it's not even funny. Even with baby proofing the house they seem to constantly find ways of getting hurt. They fall, hit their head on the furniture, scrape their leg on the sidewalk, or pull each others pony tails when I'm not looking. It's so sad to see them get hurt but it almost seems inevitable unless I dress them in some type of full blown protective gear. Anyone have any spare bubble wrap?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... welcome to the world of toddlers. It can and will happen. Woo hoo!!

Adria said...

it's the toddler phase!! you should get the neasporin (sp) to go..ha ha have you seen that commercial before?!!?

Em said...

That is really the saddest part of this age! I swear with my older two I always had to change picture days, because someone had a bruise on their face! Bubble wrap, good idea! lol.

Natalie said...

So Fun! I remember when Kristin and I were little she always had band aids all over her. I think your girls look alot like Kristin. They are so cute. It seems like when kids are just starting to walk and when they are 18 months they get hurt alot.

Hoffman Heaven said...

I can sympathize, my Laurana has become accident prone lately too... Last week she decided to stand up on one of those plastic lawn chairs and it fell backwards and she did a face plant resulting in a face looking very much like your little one's. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... and I suppose they are right, but I don't think the person who said that was a mother... lol

Class and Sass said...

Ugh thats not a fun stage and my kids are still in it! By the end of each week it looks like I beat them all week long!! LOL! Thanks for your very sweet comment!!