Tuesday, September 9, 2008

DNA Results!

I got the DNA Test results today via my e-mail and this is what it said..........................


Drum roll please!


From the following samples supplied by Kevin Johnston we have obtained the following results to 99.9% accuracy:


Sample Reference-Relationship-Status
Brenna Johnston-Twin Sister-Identical DNA (Identical Twins)
Brooke Johnston-Twin Sister-Identical DNA (Identical Twins)

THEY ARE IDENTICAL!
HOLY CANOLY!
So what does this mean? Obviously it means that they were one fertilized egg that split into two, so I can't consider myself Super Fertile Myrtle anymore. This means that the chances of me having another set of twins is very unlikely because having identical twins is not hereditary. This means that all of our children won't necessarily look just like Kevin, some might resemble me:) This means that if for some reason one of our girls have any medical issues that now we know they have the same blood type etc. This means that those of you that are able to tell them apart are genius and that the rest of you that are struggling can give yourselves a pat on the back because it's not your fault:)

13 comments:

Amy said...

Wahoo...it's nice to finally know I bet! I'm glad I at least have a good excuse to not be able to tell them apart (especially since Brenna isn't in the animal car-seat anymore at church!).

Anonymous said...

wow! i have an excuse now! :) what exciting news!

Whitney said...

It is about time that those DNA results came! I was about to call Maury Povich. :)

Adria said...

WOW how crazy is that?!?!

Fosburgh Family said...

Holy cow! on sunday I was watching them and I knew they had to be identical they look way too much a like not to be!

The Robinsons said...

YAY! What a relief for you guys...i knew i wasn't crazy! Come visit soon. Sophie needs to play with her two walking friends now!

Shellee said...

Really?!?

Are you saying that I am a genius? Thanks.
I had to tell my husband which one was Brooke and which one was Brenna in sacrament mtg. He thought it was funny that I could tell, he said that they look like identical twins to him. (however, they did look more similar to each other last Sun.)

Kimmie said...

How fun!!! That is very cool. I'm glad you got the test cause now they know their true identity...identical! Hooray!

OurFamily said...

That's awesome!! How fun :)

Alison said...

I wouldn't get too excited about having kids that look like you. Have you seen my boys? Those Johnston genes are strong!! ;)

Class and Sass said...

THANKS for the compliment :) I have Identical twin nephews,they just turned 18 and I still have a hard time telling them apart! LOL

Steve and Steph said...

YEAH!!! How fun is that! Yeah for identical twins! Cute!

Photography By Jo said...

:) I'm feeling better now. I sure couldn't tell them apart.