Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SD Bucket List {Stinky Beach, SD Temple, Giant Pizza }

One morning, when Dallin decided he no longer needed his 9am nap, we decided to drive down to Coronado Island. Kevin's family spent many summers there until he was about 10 years old, and I had never been there before. The Hotel Del Coronado was gorgeous, and the beach was much way more fancy pants then Mission, that's for sure. There were no transvestites, or old men holding signs that said "will work for marijuana." On the contrary there were mostly nicely dressed older couples and even a couple getting married on the beach. Unfortunately, Coronado Beach smelt like a gas station bathroom. There were tractors moving around sand and seaweed for some reason, and it conjured up a whole lot of nasty sewage smells, thus earning the name Stinky Beach.


This year we made it to our first endowment session at the San Diego Temple. We barely made it in time for the 8pm session, and then realized that is was in Spanish! Fortunately, they had headsets for us, and it was a great experience. The Temple itself is gorgeous, inside and out and it was wonderful being able to visit it.


Luigi's is home of the ginormous, as-large-as-your-9 month old slices of pizza. Even Dallin seems overwhelmed by it's magnitude!
Our last day was spent on the beach, transforming Brenna and Brooke into mermaids,
shells and all.

These last three pictures are my favorite of the girls on the beach.
They have definitely grown to love the beach, and it shows.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am jealous that you guys went to Coronado! I had really wanted to do that, but my mom gave me funny looks when I suggested it! I'm glad you guys convinced her :)

Michael & Lorielle Harris Family said...

I absolutely love reading your blog! You have such a beautiful family!