First off, they demanded to know when I was going to "grow them a baby sister." Then, Brooke placed her hand firmly on my belly {you know where all that extra baby growing skin and "muscle" is} and said "what's in here Mom??," as if I was hiding something from her. Thus began, Brenna and Brooke's semi-obsession of having a baby sister. They made sure to make their case, and while it doesn't change the fact that I'm not "growing" anyone a baby any time soon, I could respect that. Their key points were as follows:
*Baby sisters don't cry like baby brothers do.
*Baby sisters don't pull hair like baby brothers do.
and most importantly...
*Baby sisters can wear dresses and bows, which are much more fun then what baby brothers can wear.
Before I knew it, they were flipping through books, showing me what dresses they were going to get for their "baby sister." I tried to distract them, and even put a big flower clip in Dallin's hair, but it wasn't good enough. Fortunately, they forgot all about it by the time dinner came, and I was very glad.
A few weeks later, we were in San Diego, and Brenna and Brooke were coloring pictures on the sidewalk with chalk. Kevin's help was suddenly requested outside, and within a few minutes the girls came in saying they had a surprise to show me. It was this family picture that they had Kevin so carefully construct, with their exact specifications. There is little Dallin on the far left, followed by Dad and Mom, Brooke, Brenna, and of course a sweet baby sister.
6 comments:
HI-larious!!! I love this!
haha! that's too funny!
Haha!
have they taken a bath together yet and seen the "difference" between girls and boys. haha!
Hahaha that is too funny!
So cute! I love when little kids have plans of their own! Your girls are adorable!
I remember the last time they decided you were going to have a baby...now you have Dallin. Watch out!
Post a Comment