
When Dallin turned 6 weeks old, Kevin and I started doing the Weight Watchers program at home. I had read all the pamphlets and gone to meetings after the twins were born, so I already knew what we needed to do.
We went to WalMart and filled the grocery cart to the brim with WW friendly food. I scoured the internet for WW recipes that I could use for dinner, and created some spreadsheets to track our daily points. Every Monday morning was our designated "weigh in," and week after week we watched as the numbers dropped. Since I am a nursing mom, WW has you take in more calories so that your milk supply won't be effected. Because of this, my progress was slow. I was only suppose to lose about a pound a week, and that made it hard because I couldn't see immediate results. Even so, we stuck to the program, and kept losing the weight, even when the holidays came around. At about 6 weeks in Kevin stopped tracking his points, and I followed suit a few weeks later. We were still losing weight, but we were focusing more on eating what we knew was better for us instead of counting the points. I started going to a Zumba class one night a week, and Kevin started biking to work and back.
By week 17 we had both lost about 13-15 pound each, but things started to slow down. Just as it was after I had my girls, once I was about 5-10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, everything suddenly came to a hault. So here I am again, about 8 pounds away from my goal and at an annoying plateau in my weight loss. I'm happy as a clam that I can fit into more then just one pair of jeans, but frustrated that I can't fit into all of them. And while I love muffins, I am not a fan of muffin tops, so this one has got to go. Most days I dread picking out an outfit because nothing quite looks good on me. Not yet atleast.
So I'm looking for any suggestions you've got. I'm game as long as it doesn't involve diet pills or cutting out carbs/sugars and everything that tastes good. Oh, and it needs to be nursing mom friendly. I make it real easy don't I? What has helped you when you are stuck in a weight loss plateau? And if you are one of those whose baby weight just melts off right after you have your baby, then count yourself lucky and don't rub it in!
8 comments:
I've had the same problem! I've upped my protein at each meal (which means no more cereal for breakfast) and made sure I get plenty of fruits and veggies. I started doing a kettlebell workout as well as pilates. I hate that last 10 lbs, they suck! I'm seeing improvement. I also stopped weighing myself every week and only do it monthly. The pounds seem to shed more if I'm not constantly checking it. Oh, and I'm so not strict about it. I love sugar so if I can't have a cupcake then it won't work :) Good luck!!!
Let me know if you find the secret, I am still in the "none of my clothes fit right" abyss.
you've always looked great to me, but i understand the frustration. you've accomplished a lot already, i'm really impressed!
i'm in a rut myself. worse than a plateau, i'm on the rise :/
i think i'm going to switch things up this week as far as workouts go and try to snack on veggies when i get hungry throughout the day-in between meal times. we'll see.
let us know when you've discovered the secret!
I need to take my own advice but the only thing that ever helps me lose, is MORE exercise. (Again, I don't do it, but I need to!) Whenever I want to lose, I start running again and it works. But the day that I stop, it all comes back. I think I'll start running again, tomorrow...maybe :)
I'm sure you look fabulous...you always do! Good luck in your endeavors!
My sister in law does ww too and lost a BUNCH of weight. Like you said it does take time though. The only thing I can tell you frome xperience is to up your cardio. As long as you are eating right and then work out it will come off. Change up your routine too you cant do the same thing. Make sure you have running, but also like step or run bleachers, and lifting weights is a big one. They help burn calories long after you stop. Get a bike trailor and take the kids on bike rides....good luck! I will be in your boat soon. I wasnt able to loose my baby weight before I got prego again and I was very sad! You look amazing though, I would love to look like you when I am done!!
Thanks ladies! These are great suggestions!
*more protein
*more fruits & veggies
*more cardio (switch it up)
*running
ok, so now I just have to get motivated and DO IT!
P90X!! I've lost a lot of inches about I'm at my pre kiddo weight and down a few pounds even from that.
How do I email you?! I LOVE that idea about Sammy's Club. I'll be in touch. Want to talk to husband and such about it...but I think that is so cute. Love it! So, your man would help me? And...is that legal? Maybe the writing could be angled the other way? Whatever. Who knows. See, I knew I started following you for a reason.;)
Post a Comment