I tried to help the girls understand that it was Daddy's Birthday, and not a reenactment of theirs from last month. They were excited, at the mention of cake, and did their best to shower their Dad with kisses and mini party hat stickers. After finishing his meal, he was off to get an hour massage while I got the girls and I ready for the day.
For lunch, we made our way over to Joe's BBQ to get his free Birthday meal. Their macaroni and cheese is stick to your ribs delicious, and every part of the meal holds it own when it comes to flavor.
The weather was nice enough to sit outside on their picnic tables, and let the girls chase the birds. They really seemed to enjoy it.
After we had sufficiently stuffed ourselves, we came home and put the girls down for their nap. Kevin opened his gifts, and then left to do some shopping with his gift cards.
While he was gone, I washed and vacuumed his car, which was another gift to him. It definitely needed a good cleaning, as a lot of the insides were still coated with pizza dust from working at Papa John's. I made it nice and sparkly, and doused the seats with Febreeze, because there's nothing like the feeling of driving in a clean car.
That night, my Mom came over to babysit so we could go see a movie. We went to Slices for dinner, and shared one of their mongo slices of pizza, which was very tasty by the way. Afterwards, we went to see the movie Surrogates. It had a very interesting plot, kind of a cross between The Matrix and I-Robot.
After the movie, we came home and made Kevin's favorite dessert. Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whip cream. I found it amusing when realizing that our family is now mathematically compatible. Meaning that my age plus each of the girl's ages, equals Kevin's age. It might not seem as exciting to some, but it did help a lot when it came to trying to find candles for Kevin's birthday cake last minute.
Happy Birthday
to my sweet husband and best friend:)
12 comments:
That is too funny! But yep it works. He robbed the cradle a bit :)
Sounds like you made it a very wonderful birthday for him.
My husband has never gotten a professional massage before. I have and love them... I think he might be too ticklish :)
That sounds like a lot of work but good job! Joe's BBQ has free meal on your birthday?!...have to remember that one. I love the 24+2+2, yeah you're a youngin' Melissa! Great ideas though!!
Happy Birthday!
What a fun day, Love all the thoughtful gifts & LOVE Joe's BBQ.
Love the cake candles too- very impressive:)
Thank you for making my 28th birthday the best one ever Missy!!! You are the love of my life and are the coolest chick ever!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man, you are getting old.... 24+2+2=OLD!!!!!! hahaha
You forgot the best part of his day - when his sister called him!
I'm glad there's some significance to the 24+2+2 (and not you just showing off your math skills), I forget that's how old you are, you're just wise beyond your years, I guess. :)
Looks like a fun birthday! And oh my goodness, I LOVE your family pictures! Your girls' eyes are stunning! Adorable family!
Ha! I love the 24 +2 +2=28! So creative! Sounds like everyone had a good time. Happy Birthday Kevin
Hey Melissa. I finally caught on to you having a new blog address. Was fun to catch up on what you guys have been doing. Love Kevins cake. Very clever. Hope your all doing well!
You are such a great wife! Sounds like you all had a fun day.
So...funny story- when I come across blogs that I know, I usually just add them to my list. And then I always forget to send them a comment telling them that they are now on my bloglist!! I can't remember who I've added secretly or not...obviously you must have been secretly and you just found me! yay! Anyway--LONG story. It's good to see pics of your family! Your girls are getting BIG!
Oh how fun! Perfect Bday fun :)
Post a Comment