Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Something Smells Fishy {SD Part 2}

On Monday we went to the Birch Aquarium.

We got to see a TON of really cool fish, and the girls loved it.
Kevin {naturally} tried to eat their prized octopus as he will happily consume any creature that wiggles in a body of water....seriously. I however, prefer the land creatures, thank you very much!
The girls got cranky when after a long day, we decided to feed them to the sharks. Apparently that isn't fun anymore.
Luckily they forgave us, and we managed a family photo with 3/4 smiling. Hoo-rah for that!

Lastly, we learned how global warming effects ocean life and what we can do to help. I think they put the guilty feeling part at the end on purpose.

Overall we had a really fun time. It was like Sea World, but much cheaper, minus the churros, and plus a lot more fish.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah usually family pictures have 3/4 of us smiling, too. : )

Emmy said...

Looks like fun! And don't get me started on all the global warming, save the earth stuff... ugh

Amber said...

Looks like so much fun! A vacations sounds so nice! You have the cutest little family!

Beka said...

where is the aquarium at? i've never heard of it--sounds fun

Missy said...

Bekah-
It's at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego. It was very kid friendly, plus you didn't have to worry about them getting sunburned.

Eaton Family said...

How fun! I am glad that you guys got a family trip! I bet the girls loved it! I really want to take Ta to Sea World, but I like your idea same things just a lot cheaper!!