Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good Eats

Have I mentioned that I like to eat?

This is what I've been munching on as of late...

Ranch Crackers

After eating soup for 4 days straight, {post-op} I was searching for something with some sort of carbohydrate-like substance. I remembered these tasty little numbers from when I was little and I had to make them. I could eat these crackers all night, and that's exactly what I did. I weeded out all the overly-seasoned crackers while watching So You Think You Can Dance and it was great. Probably not the best idea to make a meal out of them, but they taste really great in soups and by themselves as a snack.

Taco Soup {WW style}

Yes, I know it's a challenge to even think of to turning the crock pot on when it's 120 degrees outside, but this soup is one of my favorites. It's has great flavor, is low fat, high fiber and is easy to throw together {plus it only takes 1 hour in the crock pot}. I follow the recipe here, and add some chips, cheese and sour cream once it's in the bowl.

I will warn those who don't tolerate fiber well, unlike myself. If you're body isn't used to such healthy doses of beans, spare your co-workers and or children, and save it for the weekend when you can better manage the aftershocks. KWIM? Better yet, start eating your fiber bars now so you can work up to it. I swear, some people are allergic to fiber and it's really frightening.


The Great Panini

I love me a good sandwich but sometimes the same old sandwich gets boring. This is where your trusty George Foremen Grill comes in handy. Get ye some sourdough bread, turkey, provolone cheese, herb cream cheese spread {cream cheese and a little ranch mix}, and finely chopped green bell peppers . Spread the cream cheese on each side and add your toppings. Lastly, spray a little butter on each side of the sammy and smash it in your grill. I present the delicious homemade panini.

Best thing about these is you can trade up the ingredients to keep it interesting, and even make the picky eaters happy. Just don't forget the cheese!


Orange Julius

This is my all time favorite ice cream drink creation, and is so much better than the Dairy Queen/Orange Julius impostor. There's nothing worse then expecting a refreshing ice cream wonder and getting some orange flavored milk. Can I tell you that the last time I bought one at the food court, I asked them to make it thicker than usual and they refused? That was my last foamy OJ done wrong.

Take some vanilla ice cream, skim milk and orange concentrate and blend it in your trusty Magic Bullet. I like mine SUPER thick, so I wait till I smell rubber burning from the MB base and then I know it's done!

Strawberry Limeade

A knock off of the Sonic variation, but still very refreshing. Take one lime, cut it, and blend it up in the MB with one cup of water {for 60 sec}. Pour this mixture through a strainer and discard the pulp. Mix the liquid with one-third cup sugar, one cup skim milk, one cup ice, and a few strawberries. Put in the blender, and you're done.

Do you have any favorites at the moment?

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You are the best chef in the whole entire world. You should host your own show...call it "Tasty Time with ZeMissy". I would watch it.

Malia said...

I love PW's bagel sandwich, except I edit it a bit.
She suggests like 3 slices of cheese, I use one of sharp chedder for flavor but not all the extra fat. I sub Ezekial wheatless bread and voila. Perfect sandwich. Even David devours it.

aezra noell said...

mmmm...i like to eat too! hey i want to know where you get those crackers...they look great! i could use some taco soup right about now.