This week has been all about swimming. The girl's cousins are in town visiting, so we took the opportunity to have fun in the pool with them. Yesterday was the first time they wore floaties, and it made the biggest difference. They made more of an attempt to kick their legs and navigate themselves, and they loved not having to cling onto us like baby monkeys. It's really fun watching them learn how to work in the water. It reminded me of a home video of Kevin as a child when a neighbor asked him who taught him how to swim. He replied in the cutest most squeakiest voice,
"My floaties teached me."
Do you remember learning how to swim?

8 comments:
i wish i did remember when i learned how to swim. where did you get their floaties at? by the way, you look so cute with swollen cheeks, a look you could totally pull off! hope your mouth is feeling better!
I definatley need to get Keira some floaties. She scares me so bad because she just jumps right in without me looking. Floaties would ease the stress a little :)
Adria-
The floaties are from Target.
Look at those cute little swimmers! I can swim, but not very well cause I grew up in Minnesota, so I prefer to dog paddle. That's no joke.
i think casey would say the same as kevin, my floaties they teached me. that's really how he has learned to swim and he's pretty good now without them. i did several swim lessons during the summers growing up but I cant remember any particulars. you have a WAY better memory than me!
cute! i love watching jacksons home videos! they're always good for a laugh!
So much fun!! We did swimming lessons all this summer, Michael loved it, and if you do it through the city of tempe it's totally cheap. Oh and I loved your wisdom teeth post, you are too cute! I kind of like the puffy cheeks on you. Oh and guess what I bought last week.... bumpits! I can't stand the name but they do work great, did you ever get any?
cute little kevin video! hee hee! Jeff enjoyed watching it...and Max enjoyed hearing Grandma's voice in the background!
Post a Comment