This was probably the first Fourth of July since we've been married that Kevin actually didn't have to work. It was weird because we didn't quite know what to do with ourselves.
So we loaded up the girls into the mini and took them to Chandler Mall to see the Puppies N' Love store. I realized that this single store is probably 100 times better than the zoo in their book, and it's free! We browsed through a few different stores and just had fun perusing around the mall.
That night, we went to Buca De Beppo for dinner. Did you know that it means "Joe's Basement" in Italian?
It was the first time I had eaten there and {I thought} the food was alright. I didn't really like the atmosphere, as most of the walls were covered with cleavage. Must be an Italian thing...or better yet a basement thing.
Kevin seemed to enjoy his meal.
The girls were happy there was an abundance of cheese, and I was happy that we had a coupon.
After dinner, we rented the movie "Seven Pounds." We watched it once the girls were in bed, with the thundering of fireworks in the background. I'm a big fan of Will Smith's movies, but this one left me feeling pretty depressed. It's definitely one of those plots that keep you guessing until the very end which kept it entertaining.

It was a fun family day, and hopefully next year we will be a little more experienced with this whole celebration thing. I am very grateful to live in America and have all the freedoms that we have. I am also so grateful for those who have given so much in the past and present to maintain our freedom, and that's what it's all about at the end of the day:)
I hope your 4th was fabulous!
3 comments:
Your pictures always make me smile. :D
Seven definitely does leave you thinking and just kind of like, huh.. okay. I did enjoy it though.
Loved your Let Them Be post... such an important thing to remember as a mom, and something I don't remember enough.
Sounds like a fun day- and I love the braid/twist thing you did with your hair. So cute!
Post a Comment