Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easterz


I love Easter for many reasons. It normally falls into that short season in which Arizonans get to enjoy the perfect weather. There are flowers blooming and buds of fuzzy yellow pollen on the trees to officially announce the beginning of allergy season. Alas, it is all worth it. Every year since I was little, we would go to the Easter Pageant as a family. The last few years I have been able to go with our Young Women group and it has been great to be able to continue the tradition. I've noticed as I've gotten older, that I have been able to better appreciate Easter's true meaning as I better understand the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I was grateful to be able to go to church on Easter Sunday and learn more about my Savior and his sacrifice on our behalf. It is truly what makes Easter such a special time of year.

After church on Sunday we went to my sisters house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt.I loved getting the girls all gussied up in their brightly colored dresses.
They looked adorable as usual.
We enjoyed the beautiful weather from my sister's backyard, it couldn't have been more perfect.
My sister Tina, started a tradition last year of dressing up like an Easter Bunny for the nieces and nephews. I must say I was pretty impressed and maybe a little scared too. It reminded me of a conversation with Kevin a while back, where he had admitted that he was really scared of fictional creatures like the Easter Bunny as a child. The thought of a overgrown rabbit secretly hiding things around his house really creeped him out. I think I finally understood.Brenna and Brooke thoroughly enjoyed the egg hunt. Each egg turned into a mini pinata as they pinched them open, goodies flying in every direction. Unfortunately, they weren't too sure about the furry visitor.
After all the eggs had been collected, the Easter Bunny seemed to regret giving them all away. Is there such a thing as Easter Bunny remorse?
It seemed that she wanted them back.She did however, have a softer side and eventually won them over using sweets of course.We had a wonderful Easter spent with family and friends. It was a wonderful day to reflect more on Jesus Christ and his essential role in our lives.
Ta-ta to the Easter Bunny...until next year.

5 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

We totally missed the Easter Pagent this year. Huge bummer.
Tina as the Easter Bunny is a crack up! What a rad tradition.

Jen said...

Love the temple pic- awesome!

Ham N Cheese said...

I love that she dressed up like the bunny! She is so funny! The girls looks so cute!!! I love Easter dresses. I wish we were closer to the temple, Tera has never been the the Easter pageant.

Kimmie said...

I wanna be related to your sister cause she is the best bunny ever! That is such a cute, hilarious tradition!

Class and Sass said...

LOL!!! Tina is soo funny!!! Looks like you had a great Easter!!