Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cesarean Awareness Month


April 1st marks the beginning of Cesarean Awareness Month. The ICAN website that I have joined has asked that we as members share our stories along with the information available through the ICAN website. Lucky for you I am a step ahead of them and I started a new blog today dedicated to my journey from C-section to VBAC. So instead of posting my birth story here, which I have already done (sugar coated and all) I will let you take a look at my new blog if you so desire. I will just say that Cesarean Awareness is something that I feel very strongly about. At first I wasn't sure whether I wanted to have this new blog be public because it's such a personal thing, but I hope that by doing so it will help other women out there who may be looking for support. Please forgive the large picture as I don't know why it is so large, and know that you will encounter words that start with "V" and such.

Here is some information on ICAN for those interested, their link is on the right side of my blog.

Mission statement: ICAN is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery and promoting vaginal birth after cesarean. There are 94 ICAN Chapters across North America, which hold educational and support meetings for people interested in cesarean prevention and recovery.

Here is my new blog, she's just a baby so please be kind.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a fun, informative blog. I only glanced at it, but I can't wait to go back & read more.