Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brownie Points

First off I would like to say that I'm not the type that writes a lot of mooshy- gooshy-love stuff on my blog. This week was rough, so I am making an exception and I figure it wouldn't hurt to score a few brownie points along the way. While this letter would be more appropriately placed on a pillow or windshield, neither are currently available and this is the next best place. I am not offended if you stop reading now or choose not to comment, because this post is for Kevin.

Dear Kevin,

After much thought I have decided to make a list of things that I really like about you. This is not in any specific order and is not a complete list in any means. I already know that after a long day at work you will come home, spend time with me talking, watching shows or what not and then you'll be off to the computer to play your commander 2000 while I sleep. I know that at sometime tonight you will check my blog. I hope this makes your day a little better.

What I like about you:

You smell good.
You have nice hair.
You are really funny.
You are good at killing insects that scare me.
You are good with directions.
You know a lot about the scriptures.
You are good at playing with the girls.
You can make chicken primavera or whatever that chicken pasta dish is called.
You watch shows with me.
You listen to me talk even when I talk a lot.
You work full time so I can be a stay at home mom.
You are educated and have a bachelor’s degree.
You do your home teaching most months.
You aren’t a cheap wad.
You have many talents and skills. Movie making skills, drawing skills, listening skills, playing with children skills, opening bottles of juice skills.
You care about your eyebrows and their growth patterns.
You are manly and like sports even though I don’t really like sports, which is ok.
You clean out the kitten poop box.
You take out the trash on occasion.
You have gorgeous eyes and thick eyelashes that make me jelly.
You can catch flies with your bare hands.
You humor me when we are watching Full House and I say “Eh, it’s a re-run”.
You are my baby’s daddy.
You are upbeat and optimistic.
You don’t complain when I’m running late for church on Sunday, which is usually every Sunday.
You don’t get mad easily.
You aren’t offended by my relatives.
You let my dad hug you and don’t make it all awkward-like.
You know all the Newsies songs.
You try to annoy me by singing Creed songs, and yes it annoys me but in a funny way.
You watched Labyrinth with me.
You watched Twilight with me and let me call you Kedward while reading the books.
You don’t get mad at me when I accidentally fluff in front of you.
You always try to think outside the box when buying me gifts, and while it doesn’t always pay off, the thought means a lot to me.
You work out with me at the gym and don’t want to become a tubby hubby.
You are an easy going person.
You love me, despite my imperfections.

Love,

Missy

5 comments:

Adria said...

once again you have me laughing my behind off!! i love reading your blog:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, who drew those amazing drawings? that second one is clearly an accurate portrayal of myself. thanks babes, love you so! you are the greatest ever in the whole world!!!

Nicole said...

ahhhhhhhhhh....... so sweet!

The Robinsons said...

this made me laugh! What a sweet letter to your hubby. And since we had the pleasure of Kevin as our home teacher I can tell you he DOES do his home teaching most months!!! :-)

Horton Family said...

That is the cutest. That letter is the sweetest thing I've ever read. Love it