Saturday, February 21, 2009

Probably the worst gift EVER

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday.

Isn't she purty:)

24 years ago I was almost her birthday present. At two weeks late, weighing almost 10 pounds, and providing my mom with the hardest labor of all my siblings, I was probably the worst gift EVER.

For this I am sorry.

Good thing I was such a cute baby.


I've always thought I was the most like my mom out of my siblings, and I think that I owe a lot of my better characteristics to her. Lucky for me I got...


her cute button nose

her voluptuous hips

her thin, long fingers and dainty wrists

her sense of thrift and frugality

her maturity and sense of responsibility

her strive to always be a hard worker

her faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ

her honesty and kindness

her endless creativity

her giving heart

and of course her coined phrases like:

Time to "hit the hay."

Make sure to go to bed at a "decent hour."

Don't make me hit you with a"wet noodle."

Make sure to "brush your choppers."

Put on your "night gown."

Don't make me get out my "wooden spoon."

Make sure to come home before the "bewitching hour."


I am so grateful for my Mom and the wonderful example she has always been to me.
I hope to become more like her each day.

Happy Birthday Mom!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As all mother's know, our sweet babies are worth whatever it takes to get them here. To have you as my wonderful daughter, priceless!
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

you both as so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

*are*
:)