Monday, January 5, 2009

The Great 08'


Along with finding things to improve on this year, I also think it's important to acknowledge the wonderful accomplishments of last year. So here is my list of just 10 (of the many) things that made 2008 so great.



1. I started this blog in February, aren't you glad?


2. I concluded 9 months of nursing twins in June. Can you say Dairy Queen?


3. Kevin graduated from ASU in May.


4. I started making homemade bread in September, and haven't bought from the store since.


5. I wrote a poem in December and have been inspired to continue writing.


6. We learned a lot as parents throughout 2008 and had new experiences and adventures.


7. Brenna and Brooke learned to walk and talk this year.


8. Kevin discovered more of his artistic talent and put it to use here and here.

9. Kevin was promoted to general manager at Papa Johns:)


10. We celebrated 4 years of the married life in August.


***


It was a good year.


I'm looking forward to what 2009 has in store.

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a great eventful year! I bet 2009 will be great as well:)

I love that you are only making homemade bread now- good for you!

Shellee said...

I love homemade bread. What a great year, but 2009 brings babies learning to talk, babies running even faster in opposite directions and possible "early potty training (?)".
Have a great year!

Holly Janeen said...

i have to admit when i first saw that you were only posting 10 things, that i was super disappointed... and then i read your list! HOLY COW! you did TONS of great stuff this past year. what a fabulous year for you!
Yes, i am SO glad you started a blog.
WOW, done nursing twins? you deserve a ribbon of honor. seriously.
and what the freakin' heck is up with you being able to make amazing homemade bread? HELLOOOO!!! i so need your help. Jeff wanted me to learn so that we can use up our wheat in our food storage, and then i tried twice- it turned out NASTY and i am so discouraged! i would LOVE to save money and just make it instead.
i am jealous.
*sigh*