Yesterday we went to a park to feed the ducks. It was just like the Feed The Birds scene from Mary Poppins but with ten times the pigeons, ducks, and minus the crazy bird lady.
Thank goodness...

These birds were
STARVING!I blame the economy (as we all do) and what seems to be a growing trend of people eating their stale bread.

The girls weren't keen on throwing perfectly tasty crackers to the birds so they kept theirs and let us do the throwing.

It was fun to watch the flurry of feathers follow each morsel of food
and soon we were surrounded.

Most of them kept a small distance, but one brave duck decided he'd like a piece of Brenna's cracker and I had to put him in his place.

That bird lady wouldn't have lasted more than 5 minutes with her bags of crumbs, that's for sure.
2 comments:
so cute :)
did i ever mention that i LOVE your girls' names? especially Brenna... that is my sisters name, and not only is she awesome, but its such a cute name that never gets used... i dont know ANY other brennas.
glad your girls werent too terrified of all the flapping and fluttering :)
thats crazy! I can't believe all the birds and ducks! i'm surprised they didn't run off screaming... I would of!!! so fun! i forget how fun it is to feed the ducks!
Post a Comment