It's time once again for that blessed part of the year where we look back and figure out where we can improve. We reevaluate ourselves, set goals, and hope to achieve them. I hope to do the same. Of the many things I can improve, one I keep thinking about is my overall health.
Kevin and I had a medical check up recently and it turned out we weren't quite as healthy as we would like to be. Just because you aren't very overweight doesn't mean that you are healthy. Our cholesterol levels and a few other things needed some improving, nothing a few bowls of cheerios can't fix, right?

I've realized that it's more than just that. After over-indulging in my share of holiday feasts/goodies and growing my own festive winter coat I've come to find that
I don't like the way I feel when I treat my body this way. It feels a lot like this...
and makes me want to do nothing but this,

which is not very healthy.
So what to do?
The same thing we do every year, set goals and try to achieve them.
At the beginning of 2008 I started Weight Watchers to shed off the last of my mommy coat and adopt some better eating habits and............ it worked.

I learned how to incorporate more fruits and vegetables and fiber in my diet and
I really felt great.
Unfortunately, I tend to lose the motivation once I reach my goal. I've had this ribbon on my refrigerator since March, hoping it would remind me to be careful about what I eat. Most days I hear it say,
"You're doing so great, you deserve another slice of pizza."
And I agree...
Because I love pizza, and pizza loves me back....
Dang you Papa John's!
And why is it that I tend to snack more while watching The Biggest Loser? I still haven't figured that one out.

Now when it comes to working out,
I'm not the type to pay for/have time to join a gym even though that probably sounds like a lame excuse. I prefer taking college dance classes or step aerobics for exercise, because for me it is much more motivating than running on a treadmill. If I want some affordable exercise that can fit into my schedule I will need get up earlier in the morning and go for a jog. That takes motivation and getting over the fact that someone might see me without my "face" on and in makeshift workout clothes... which scares me for some reason.
So these are some of my goals for this year that I hope to first achieve and ultimately maintain.
1. Start writing down what I eat
2. Go to more WW meetings
3. Start a jogging routine
4. Stop caring about what others might think about me when I jog
Not completely unrealistic so it might just work.
Wish me luck:)
5 comments:
i know you can do it! funny, i was wanting to jump back into ww again. it worked last year, it will work again this year.
speaking of papa 'johnstons' we have some in the fridge right now. blast it!
ps. i love pictures of fat cats. always funny!
Perhaps the key is to get your husband a new job. Perhaps he could manage a gym instead?
here is to you and your goal!
i shutter to think that you actually feel like those cats. i mean, i figured people like YOU- totally gorgeous, skinny, hot people- never had times like that.
seriously, not to put down your goals for the year, but i already think that you look AMAZING- especially after having TWO kids. seriously... i can only dream of lookin as great as you!
*sigh*... good luck, though!
good luck with your goals. i never wright down my goals. i think i need to so i can actually achieve them.
Ok! I seriously know how you feel! I have had the jogging stroller for a year and haven't used it once. I hate jogging where people can see me so sadly it's been maybe 3 years since I have been jogging! It's pathetic. But this goal is definitely on my list too! I have put on 5lbs over the holidays!
Post a Comment