Monday, October 27, 2008

Cabin Trip

This last weekend our family (the Mackelprang side) went up to a cabin in Strawberry, AZ. We had planned it a few months back but kept certain details on the D-L because it was part of a big surprise for my Mom. My brother Anthony and sister-in-law Robyn, were nice enough to fly my sister Aimee and her two daughters out from Kentucky. Most of my family had not seen her or her girls for 14 months! They picked them up from the airport on Friday afternoon and drove straight to the cabin. We followed behind with my Mom who had no idea that Aimee, Joslyn and Lexy would be there. It was so exciting to finally see them and for them to meet Brenna and Brooke for the first time.
Friday night we had dinner at HD's in Pine, Az.

(L to R)Lexy, Aimee, Tina, Joslyn, Anthony, Robyn, Brad, Sarah, Bryant and Ethan managed to squeeze into this booth/table.Lexy is exactly 2 months older than Brenna and Brooke, she has gotten so big since I saw her last!

Kevin, my Mom, the girls and I sat at another table. We got our food first, hee hee....


Then we went back to the cabin.

There the girls had their first elk encounter!

Brooke was a natural.

Brenna wasn't afraid.

Lexy wasn't so sure, but the elk liked her just the same:)

Saturday morning we all bundled up and headed outside.

Brooke and Brenna enjoyed the swing.

Then we all walked down to the old school house down the road.

It's supposedly the oldest school house in AZ.

Woopidy-doo!

Robyn, Aimee, Sarah, Mwah,Mom and Bryant
Robyn announced at the cabin that she is expecting a baby in May! We are so excited!

Then, we went to the Fossil Creek Creamery home of the llama/goat farms.

Farmer Joe took us on a hayride and we sang songs.I even broke out my llama lips!
That's shexy.....

We sampled some goat cheese and fudge made from goat milk. It was udderly good:)

The kids got their hands painted, Ethan got a scorpion.


Aimee got an American Flag with her husband's name who is serving in Afghanistan.
Joslyn got a squirrel.

Then it was time to play with the goats!


Brooke liked the goats, but was much more interested in their droppings as they did look a lot like raisins.


Brenna got to ride a goat.

Bryant got peed on by this goat. It was all good goat fun.

Later that afternoon Anthony took us 4-Wheeling in the Samurai.


Don't worry, the babies were safe at the cabin.


Saturday night we sat by the fire and ate s'mores.It was a really fun trip!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like a fun trip. Don't feel bad about the costumes. I am the same way! They are super cute!

Robyn and Anthony said...

Hey I love the footsge in the sami!!! Great job Kevin. Did you see all the air Tina got?? That was rad. Please make me a video. I'm bummbed that I missed out on the girls wearing there fuzzy coats. Those girls are darn cute.

Em said...

looks fun! I love family trips. I too am a nut for Halloween costumes and always spend too much on them. But hey we look great in our pics! and I love the memories. It's definately worth it!

Nicole said...

Wow! You packed in so much fun for just one weekend!!! Ok, and I LOVE goats, I wish we could have some at our house! The girls are so cute! I love those big, fluffy jackets!

Anonymous said...

i knew you were talented, but the llama lips tops it all!
your trip sounds like a blast, your family seems like so much fun!

about the yoga class, you can look here:
www.BikramYogaTempe.com

the first class is free. after that you can sign up for more..i didnt though. i'm trying to not spend money :) so maybe next summer we can sweat our hearts out in my garage?

The Thatchers said...

aww. i miss all you girls. i love the mountains.its the best.