Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baby Steps!

Brooke and Brenna LOVE pushing each other on the little toy car and speeding across the carpet with the walker. This week Brooke started taking little baby steps on her own! It's so fun to watch them try to walk and see how excited they get. Kevin and I made a bet a couple weeks ago: He thinks BOTH of our girls will be walking BEFORE their 1st birthday (in 5 wks), I thought it would be a little AFTER they turn 1. I must say I'm getting a little NERVOUS:}

The Wager: If Kevin wins he gets dinner at Rubios (had to talk him down from Red Lobster) and a manicure from mwah (yes, he loves to be pampered, shhh.....don't tell him I told you). If I win I get dinner at Ned's Krazy Subs and a 30min. (better be good) back massage.

12 comments:

Alison said...

Too cute! Jonah loves to push stuff around too. Whether they walk before or after their first birthday, I bet they beat Jonah! He is just far too content with crawling and furniture surfing.

Fosburgh Family said...

Your girls are so beautiful! They are so fun to watch!

Anonymous said...

that is so cute! brought and instant smile to my face. :)
i think they will be walking before their bday...which i don't believe it's almost been a year?!

Tina said...

Super Cute!!! I love the laugh when Brooke was walking!

Shellee said...

You need to teach Brooke how to steer!
Sounds like you two had a food-bet going on when Brooke was walking.

The Robinsons said...

So cute to watch. I love your betting! Sophie is just getting the hang of walking too! Let's get together this week sometime! Derrick is officially employed now! :-)

Shellee said...

Thanks for posting the bet. That's pretty funny. You know that there is a Steve's Crazy Sub on Southern and Dobson now, don't you? It's where Blimpie's used to be. The Brent Krummenacher owns it, they are buddies with the Brimleys that own Ned's. Love both places... Hot Ham and Swiss with extra lettuce... MMmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I'm sorry, but I would be holding Brenna off from walking until their birthday. Encourage the crawling, Crawling is fun... crawling is fun... (Ned's over Rubio's anyday!)

The House's said...

so cute, I love the laugh when she's walking!

Exquisite Effects said...

Wow they are SO grown up! I can't wait to see them again! I think the last time I saw them was at Jana's Baby Shower. I feel like I know them though because of the blog. I showed JoDee Dean (Jeremy's Mom) the top picture of the girls and she said they are very beautiful! Which of course they ARE!!! Are you going to have a big bash?

I will be coming home this Sat and busy with unpacking so do you want to come over for a play date with the girls next week?

Whitney said...

That is awesome! I agree with Kevin! They'll be walking before their birthday! They are so so so so cute!

Kimmie said...

I can't even stand it, your girls are way too cute!!! They are seriously beautiful! I'm with you on the walking thing, only because I kept getting my hopes up that Stanton would walk at one, but he jsut sat like a cute little lump until fifteen months.

Photography By Jo said...

That is soo cute! I'm sure it won't be long before they are cruising all over!