Saturday, August 11, 2012

Kid Sister Indeed

Remember my post from a year ago about the girls randomly becoming obsessed with having a little sister? Probably not, so I'll remind you. While they already had a baby brother Dallin, they were suddenly entranced with the need for a baby sister. After a while they stopped asking about it. A few months later when we were in San Diego, they had Dad draw this picture of our family. Little Dallin on the far left, Dad, Mom, Brenna, Brooke and lo and behold in pops the baby sister.


I know it doesn't take much to be right about the gender of your next baby, it's 50/50. But at the same time, I think sometimes little kids know things. A few weeks ago, I was watching some home video of me talking to Brenna and Brooke when they were 2 years old. It was Christmastime, and they were both playing with their baby dolls. I asked them whether their baby was a girl or a boy, and they both said it was their "baby brother." I asked them if they were going to ask Santa for a baby brother, and they nodded yes. Less than a month later we found out we were pregnant, and it was a baby boy:)


This pregnancy I thought would most likely result in another boy for some reason. My older sister has two girls followed by two boys, and we had followed the same pattern thus far. The Chinese calendar has always been right for us, and it said a boy. So when we went in for my 18 week ultrasound, I was surprised at the complete lack of boy parts. No white weenies floating around like last time, and trust me we looked! Three different technicians, and they all saw the same thing. Three white dots, but no weenies and beans! I tend to always be wrong about what I'm having, so I guess it shouldn't have surprised me:) I'm just glad I don't have to choose, and that we get what we are suppose to!  I'm excited for this baby girl to join our family. I get the chance to experience the pregnancy and birth of twin girls, *one* boy, and *one* girl. Heck, maybe we'll get twin boys next time to even it all out. Ha!

It's funny how so many people have asked us if this is our last child. Even the lady who gave me a pedicure a few months ago tried to confirm that with me. It's odd to me that people care so much about how many kids other people have. I get curiosity, because sometimes I'm curious myself. But I would never respond to someones pregnancy announcement by saying, "this is the last one right?!" I honestly have no clue whether this is our last baby or not. I grew up wanting 16 kids, reality set in a long time ago, and ultimately I figure Heavenly Father knows best.  He will let us know when our family is complete. For now I tease Kevin about our next baby being a boy, and he teases me about this baby girl being our last. It's nice because neither one of us are 100% correct, and I like it that way:)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I get that question all the time. Especially when my kids are being pills. In fact, I got asked that question today even. It's a tad annoying really. Just reminds me of how worldy people are because, heaven forbid you have more than 2.

Jen said...

I didn't know you were prego.
Congrats! Your little girl is going to have fun with her older sisters :)

The Robinsons said...

I'm so excited for you! I think people are just dumb. They need to learn to keep comments like that to themselves. Who cares when you are done or not!?! Congrats on another girlie. The girls definitely know their stuff ;) Love you Missy!!

Beka said...

seriously:) i got that a lot since i was finally getting my girl i must be done right:)?