Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Case of The Curly Hair

In the last few months or so, Dallin's hair has grown into a cute mop of curls on his head. Everyone always tells me how much they love his curly hair. Strangers, friends, people at the gym etc. What's not to love? I figure his halloween costume options have only expanded as he could easily pose as Richard Simmons, Nacho Libre, or one of the little brothers from the movie Brave. Well along with this admiration comes a commonly asked question. "Where does he get his curly hair from?" Well, that is an interesting question, and that is where the case begins. Now you may be thinking "why do you care about where he gets his curly hair from blah, blah, blah." First, you must realize that every time I have given birth to MY children, who spent 9 long months incubating in my cozy womb, carrying half of my chromosomes in them thank you very much, that everyone likes to tell me that they look like my husband, and thus look nothing like me:) I hear it a lot, and while I can agree on most of their points, I do not agree with all of them. So when someone asks where he gets his fine curly hair from, I must attempt to take some credit, and thus the case begins.

I give you exhibit A:

Toddler-ish aged me with fine blonde curls on my noggin.
I have clothes on, so this is a good one. Check it out.

Exhibit B:

 Naked (pardon me) toddler-ish aged me in a bucket of water with tightly rung all natural curls.
Boo-yah!

Exhibit C:

Just over toddler-ish aged me half naked (once again), and in boyish looking underwear for some odd reason. I had an issue with clothes when I was young, so you can't judge me or my parents too harshly. Plus we live in the desert, and I have a free spirit. But look at the hair. Do you see a pattern? Fluffy, fine, curly hair.

I'm the one on the right with the fluffy curls....Need I say more?

And just in case you weren't convinced, here is a recent picture of me when I let my hair do it's thing. Some mousse, and a diffuser and batta-boom, fine, curly hair.

To keep things fair I must provide some photos of Kevin as a toddler. I agree, he had some wave in his hair. Take a look see...

Exhibit A:
Kevin age one.

Exhibit B:

Kevin around 14 months old. I see some waves in his hair for sure.

Exhibit C:

Another toddler aged picture. Definitely some loose curls going on.

Kevin on his 2nd birthday.

           Lastly, I give you the handsome hubby Kevin with his current hair. Thick, dark, straight.
I cut it every couple of months so I would know:) 

And so you have it...the case of the curly hair. Where does Dallin get his fine curly hair from?
 I say he gets it from his momma, but I'll let you be the judge:)


Case Closed.

4 comments:

Lani said...

People always ask where my daughter gets her red hair from and it drives me nuts!

Missy said...

glad I'm not the only one Lani! lol:)

Alison said...

A few different thoughts -
--Um, you have curly now, so why would people ask that?
--Dallin looks a lot like you in especially in the picture of you in the bucket.
--It looks like two of the kids in your exhibit C have casts on?? Poor kids!
--Skyler had very curly hair as a baby and toddler, and you have a bit of photographic proof right there that it is all from me!

Missy said...

Alison-

Sometimes I don't wear my hair curly, so I get it when it's straight and it's a stranger, but a lot of the times my hair is obviously curly, and then I wonder if the person is blind lol:) My younger sister had hip displacia as a baby and my cousin was born with a 6th toe that was removed when she was little. I definitely see some curl in your hair, so I'd agree he got it from you!