Friday, February 4, 2011

The Dallyman

One Day Old
7 lbs. 1 oz.
One Month Old
11 lbs. 5 oz. Two Months Old
13 lbs. 3 oz. Four Months Old
15 lbs. 4 oz.

This guy just keeps growing and growing!

Here is the latest and greatest with our Dallyman:

Eats: He's still nursing every 3-4 hours during the day, and goes anywhere from 4-6 hours at night. He's one of those fast and furious eaters which is kind of nice, but it sometimes leaves me wondering if he ate enough! We started rice/oatmeal cereal with a little bit of baby food for flavor this week. I was hoping to wait until he was 6 months old to do this, but he seemed ready. Dallin has quite the appetite and is loving eating solids.

Sleeps: For some reason I assumed that if you have one baby that learns to sleep on their own easily, then all the other babies you have will do the same. Dallin is not at all like his sisters in this area. For a long time we have been helping him to go to sleep by bouncing him on the exercise ball or on the corner of the bed. He has a hard time winding himself down to go to sleep, so it's been a challenge at times to keep him asleep during nap time, or to get him to sleep if we aren't home. This week we started putting him in is crib at nap time instead of the co-sleeper or swing and after a few days he is doing great. He naps every 3-4 hours for about 45 minutes to 2 hours (if I'm super lucky!). I have really enjoyed being able to keep Dallin in our bedroom at night. We weren't able to do so with the girls since there were two of them, and they didn't fit in the co-sleeper for very long. Lately I've been taking Dallin from his crib once I'm ready to go to sleep, and nursing him in our bed lying down (he sleeps through it all). Once he's done, I put him in the co-sleeper and then bring him back into bed for his next morning feeding and until we are ready to get up for the day. Some mornings I wake up to the sound of him filling his diaper and or tooting, followed by some loud "ah" sounds. It always makes me laugh.

Tricks:
At around 3 months old, Dallin started rolling. Sometimes he would just roll and roll across our living room floor. We have to make sure to buckle him into the bouncer seat so he doesn't roll out! Another one of his tricks was spitting up or pooping up the back of his outfit every time we put him in the bumbo seat, but fortunately that habit ended. Dallin loves to chatter and smile, and his laugh is so cute. Up until a few weeks ago he HATED car rides. Dallin would cry and cry the whole time we were in the car. Fortunately he has gotten better in the last week or so, and I'm hoping that won't change. He chews on anything and everything and that he can get his little hands on, including his own feet. Dallin loves his sisters and smiles at them every day. He also loves watching Brenna and Brooke play, and you can tell that he wants so badly to do what they are doing. I'm sure once he can sit up and crawl he will be going to town on all their toys, so I better start baby proofing the house now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a happy little chunky monkey!

our exercise ball went flat, which was a bummer since we used that to bounce him, too. now it the rocking chair. maybe i need to get some moon shoes ;)

ps- it was good seeing ya the other day :)

Whitney said...

Really? You wonder if he's eating enough? :)

Emmy said...

He is so cute! My Ryder so wants to do whatever Lucas and Alex do.

Kimmie said...

He sure is a cutie pie! You guys make your boys just as cute as your girls!

Monica said...

He is SO Melissa!!! They grow up way to fast. : )

Monica said...

*SO cute* haha sorry

Steve and Steph said...

what a stinkin cutie!!! I love him!