Saturday, August 28, 2010

Date & Weight {A Guessing Game}

So I thought it might be fun to have people guess the birth date and weight of our soon to arrive baby boy. We did this at my baby shower for the twins, and amazingly enough my MIL and Mom were pretty much right on. Crazy how that happens!

(the belly at 38 weeks)


So here's some info for those who prefer a little background before they guess:

My twins were born at 37 weeks 5 days gestation (I was not in labor).

Brenna- 6 pounds
Brooke- 6 pounds 11 oz.

My "guess date" with this baby is September 8th.

At my last midwife appointment on Monday, they guessed by feeling him that he was already about 6.5-7 pounds.
Ok, so take your guess, and feel free to throw in that you think he will look just like his momma, because I would love that:) Oh, and I've already decided that September 5th is just not going to happen, since that's the twin's birthday.
Ready-Set-Guess!

17 comments:

Ashlee G. said...

I'm gonna guess September 8th.

With 8 pounds 2 ounces.

And he will look just like his momma!

You look beautiful by the way!

Jen said...

Oh your belly is so adorable!
I'm guessing the 7th @ 7 lbs 7 oz.
wouldn't that be fun :)

Katelyn was born on 7/6/09 @ 7 lbs 6 oz. It makes it so easy to remember:)

Oh I can't wait to meet him:)

Jana said...

I guess the 12th and 7.10 ounce. And I am sure he will be adorable!

Whitney said...

You have the best pregnant belly I've ever seen! Both times!

My guess is September 10 and he'll weigh 7 pounds 14 ounces. Pretty sure he'll look like his Dad.

Beka said...

WOW! good job at not getting HUGE all over like i did 2nd time around- i swear i gained almost the same with #2 as i did with my twins:)- sad to admit---but you look great all over- your belly is super cute! as for guessing i will guess sept 7th- no reason why:)

Shellee said...

Um... Sept 4th and he'll be 8lbs. 10 oz. I know that we love having back to back birthdays in our home and it makes everything so much easier and less likely to forget when they are older.

So, I say the 4th.

Anonymous said...

you have such a perfectly adorable belly! i'll guess he's a mommas boy and will come sept. 1st and weigh 7.14.
good luck! you'll do amazingly!

Robyn and Anthony said...

My guess is 8lbs even on Sep 8... but then again that sounds too early so if I get one more guess I'd say sep 10!!!

Teea Lamb said...

September 6
7 lbs 10 oz
Can't wait to see him!!

Shirley said...

I am guessing Sept 9th..weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz...sorry but I think he may look a little more on the johnstonish!! Love you!

Kevin said...

I guess September 15th, 12 lbs 10 oz... A giant Baby!

* said...

My guess: 8 lbs, birthday on Sept 12th. (and I'm so excited for you!!)

PS: You are a beautiful pregnant mama. You glow.

Eaton Family said...

Oh my Melis have you gained NO weight, man you look AMAZING! I am going to strive to look like you next time I am pregnant, you are way too cute! I hope he comes soon for you! I will guess Sept 9 and lets say 7lbs 5 oz

Alison said...

The girls share a birthday with one of my other nieces, and since I have another nephew due this month as well, I'm going to guess that they will born on the same day. :) She's due at the very end of the month, so that could be tricky.

Since I'm being completely vague about the day, I'll get specific about everything else. He'll be born at 8:37 a.m., weigh in at 7 lbs. 5 oz and be 20" long.

Kimmie said...

I think he will be 8lbs 3oz (just cause that's how much my baby just weighed so that's my guess)
You are the most adorable pregnant girl in history!!!!

Lani said...

My guess is September 10th, 7lbs 4oz!

Jo said...

Sept. 9 :) 7 lbs 3 oz