Brenna and Brooke's 3rd birthday was on September 5th!
It's hard to believe that it's been three years since they were born.
We wanted to keep things simple this year (in case this baby decided to crash their party) and so we opted to do some fun activities instead of your usual birthday party. Saturday morning we headed off to Superstition Farm to go on their farm tour. We had never been there before, but we figured that the girls would love seeing all the farm animals in person.
The girls really loved being at the farm.
They got to pet all sorts of farm animals
and feed them too.
We went on a hay ride that took us on a tour of the farm and we saw a ba-jillion cows.
There were brown cows, black and white cows, momma cows, hour old cows, and about-to-have a-baby-any-day-now cows.
I couldn't help but feel like I belonged.
After the tour, we had the chance to get a little closer to the animals. I'd guess that the girls favorite part of being on the farm was getting to hold the chickens. Brooke had her eyes set on one who she said looked like a fluffy bunny. His name was black-jack.
The chickens were so calm and you could tell they had been held a lot before.
We decided not to bring up black jack when we ate our grilled chicken sandwiches that night:/
Cake and ice cream was reserved for Sunday evening, and the one thing I did go all out on was the birthday cake. It all started one day when I was shopping at Walmart with the girls. I passed by the cake isle and saw this kit for a castle cake that seemed easy enough to put together. Once I actually opened the kit a month later, I realized how much work it was going to take. Fortunately, I have a very talented sister who is awesome at decorating cakes and making things look perfect. She spent hours making small flowers out of frosting by hand and it took us about 8 hours of assembly/decorating between the two of us. I was so glad when it was finished, and it really turned out great! (p.s. I couldn't bare to just throw it away so it's on craigslist if you know anyone who is looking for a princess cake)
We had our immediate family over Sunday evening for cake and presents.
The girls each had their own cupcake with candles,
and they thoroughly enjoyed being sung to.
They opened their presents, stopping after each one to ask if they could play with it right then. I really had to coach them through finishing because they were so excited to play with their new things. I can only imagine what Christmas will be like this year.
Brenna and Brooke's birthday weekend turned out to be really fun, and I have to admit that I was so relieved once it was over because I didn't have to worry about them having to share their birthday with their baby brother. 
We are so grateful for our sweet girls. They are such a blessing:)
3 comments:
3 years goes too fast! i remember seeing that picture for the first time...then meeting those sweet girlies :) you're one lucky mama!
that cake is amazing!!! and it sounds like it was a fun party, i'm glad dallin decided to have his own day :)
Happy Birthday to your beautiful twinners! I can't wait to see your little guy!
Wow! LOVE the cake!
Post a Comment