To my first time participating in the Mesa Turkey Trot {2 mile fun run}, and learning what a bib is.
To being 14 minutes late, running it solo anyways, and passing up a few grandparents and small children along the way.
To the beautiful Arizona weather that enabled us to eat and play comfortably outside.
To time spent playing with cousins.
To having a Thanksgiving assignment other than my usual vegetable or orange jello salad.

To food so delicious, that every morsel was accounted for.
To fitting in three family gatherings in one day, that kept us busy, but also reminded us how much we have to be thankful for.
5 comments:
Way to go on the Turkey Trot! Next year - the 10K!
Hey, did you make Tyler's Ultimate sweet potatoes?!
My favorite mint thing (and I don't even see it on your list!) are the Keeebler mint cookies, I think they are called Grasshoppers. They are just like the Girl Scout Thin Mints and I can eat the whole bag in one sitting!
Good for you! Congrats on completing the run.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving
That is so cool you did a turkey trot! I think I'm too lazy for that, but it someday I would like to! Way to go!
We were there too, I did the 10k though, you should have done that one. It was really fun and I am starting to train all ready so that I can beat the turkey next year. Did you know they have an actual runner dressed in a turkey suit and if you beat him, you win a turkey?
Molly- I did make a sweet potato casserole off of recipezaar. I've never heard of Tyler's recipe, it sounds good though. Oh and how could I forget the keebler mint cookies?!
Liz- I didn't know you were there!You rock! I was contemplating the 10k for a while, but I decided that I would plan on doing it next year. I did see the Turkey Man on our way out. Must be interesting running in that costume:)
Post a Comment