Kevin and I were lucky enough to go on a date tonight.
(A sweet picture Kevin so kindly put as my cell phone screensaver tonight, it's just one of those marriage perks)
(A sweet picture Kevin so kindly put as my cell phone screensaver tonight, it's just one of those marriage perks)We were up for seeing a movie as there are a few decent looking ones out there so we made our final decision, did some last minute sprucing, and dropped the kids off at my MIL's.
We decided to go to AZ Mills Harkins because it was the closest at the time and figured we would eat dinner in their food court. The mall was PACKED and it was hard finding a parking spot let alone a table to eat at. After we ate we headed off to our movie which was X-MEN Origins: Wolverine. Seen it?
After entering an almost filled movie theatre we were able to navigate past several baby filled strollers until we felt we were in the clear. We found our seats next to a group of girls who seemed pretty nice. Nice enough to offer to share their popcorn with me and that's definitely a first. Nice enough to share a "secret" with me that I should stop teasing my hair and start using one of these hair devices instead. Yep.
After entering an almost filled movie theatre we were able to navigate past several baby filled strollers until we felt we were in the clear. We found our seats next to a group of girls who seemed pretty nice. Nice enough to offer to share their popcorn with me and that's definitely a first. Nice enough to share a "secret" with me that I should stop teasing my hair and start using one of these hair devices instead. Yep.
So the movie finally begins and we are ready to sit back and be entertained. Unfortunately the group of girls next to us feel the need to keep us entertained with their witty commentary throughout the ENTIRE movie. Amidst their loud conversations and giggling (realize that a mother of one of the teens was in this group) was the sudden loud outburst of "What just happened?" " I think that's his son," "No Way," etc. etc. When the movie became more and more intense with action packed scenes, the girl sitting next to me felt the need to curse every time something bad happened; and believe me lots of bad things happen. By this time the people behind them were constantly shushing them and Kevin had given them the stink eye a time or two. I did my best to ignore them and send them unhappy vibes at the same time. Unfortunately they didn't seem to get the drift.Halfway through the movie I decided to take a little break and headed to the lady's room. While inside the girl directly next to me flushed her toilet and it began to overflow into my stall. I was quickly engulfed in a small river of floating toilet paper. Yummy. Thank goodness I chose to wear shorts today.

(Ok, so these aren't my feet and my legs aren't that hairy, but you get the idea...)
Once the movie was over we bolted for the doors. We had enough entertainment for one night and after realizing that my rootbeer had caffeine in it I needed to give my heart a break from all the chaos. Our date was an interesting adventure to say the least but we've decided to stay away from that movie theatre for a while.
As for my ratings:
X-Men Origins:Wolverine: ***
For its action packed scenes and muscle-ey main character.
Theatre Buddies: *
For their willingness to share their popcorn with me.
AZ Mills Restrooms: 1/2
For having a paper towel dispenser that was actually stocked.
My Date: *****
Because any time alone with my hubby is always 5 stars no matter what.
10 comments:
I guess it's all about the tools... I didn't even know they made something like that to go in your hair. I have serious bump envy, and know I can fake it! Awesome! I'm totally ordering one tonight.
Wow so sorry! We saw it last night to and our experience was much different. It was actually prom in our town so it was mostly adults at the theater, much nicer experience.
Glad you got to go on a date though :)
Wow just reading this blog made me frustrated! I'm glad you were able to stay so calm and still have a good time with all of it! I wish you better luck next date night :)
Ah! My friend and I saw a movie a couple years ago and it was just us and about 10 teenagers in the back of the theater, all of whom were drunk and actually drinking beer in the theater! I totally empathize.
When I first saw the "bathroom picture" I thought "why did she take a picture instead of run?" and then "whoa her legs are hairy!" hahah ..
You're so cute! You really should write a book! You make everything so entertaining to read!
I can't believe those girls and the toilets!
We saw Wolverine, and liked it. However when we saw the 3rd X-Men movie a couple years ago, we had these comic book guys sitting next to us saying, "That's not what the real Wolverine would've said." Throughout the entire movie.
We didn't break it to them that there is no "real" Wolverine!
Hey Missy, I thought I had your email but I couldn't find it... Just FYI we are re-scheduling Michael's party. My MIL wants him and I am happy to have a day off. I will do a Mom's group in June and tell him it's for his Bday. Thanks!
Oh so a hair piece like that would be for someone like me. Who NEVER learned how to tease her hair. I think I might just go invest. lol.
New Blog, New Blog!!! Missy I've been waiting for something new and exciting!!! Whacha got for us? I will give you your shoe back for one million dollars!!!
best date review EVER.
so... if having a date with your husband ALONE is possible... with twins... there MUST be hope for me!
LOL what an amazing adventure!
Post a Comment