Saturday, May 16, 2009

Looking for some Amish fun?


I was given a starter bag to make Amish Friendship Bread 12 days ago and am now ready to spread the Amish fun.


If you've never made it, I will explain the process.
It takes 12 days before you can actually make the bread {this will teach you patience}. Each day you will have a specific direction, mostly to mash/mix the contents and a few where you will add a small amount of ingredients {obedience and perseverance}. On the 12th day you will divide the contents into four separate bags that can be given away {service and friendshipping}. The directions are really simple and your name doesn't have to be Jedediah for it to come out right {self-confidence}. In the end you will have something tasty to eat and a few good characteristics.
I chose to make a bundt instead of loaves because to me it tastes like a dense cinnamon struesel which is more of a dessert *in my opinion*. Plus it's in the shape of a zero meaning it must have zero points, right? Just so you don't wither away, you could always add some vanilla icing and raspberries if you wanted....

I have 4 starter bags with instructions....any takers?

12 comments:

Annie said...

Ooo me me! I have never done one before!

Missy said...

Great! One has your name on it Annie. I will e-mai you:)

Emmy said...

I love Amish friendship bread, but I am too far away for a starter. I actually have the recipe for the starter. If it wasn't the summer (i.e I want the oven on as little as possible) I would get it going again.

Corinne said...

I LOVE IT! If you don't have any other takers I'd like one, but I've done it before, so if some one else needs a chance they can have it.

Missy said...

Corinne,
I will bring you one tomorrow:)

The Robinsons said...

maybe you and the girls should come visit me later this week and bring me one...i'll be your friend!

Nicole said...

I love friendship bread, it's so yummy and sweet!

Missy said...

Ok, so I think I got all 4 covered. Thanks for your help!

Ham N Cheese said...

I need to make friends with some of the Amish that live around me...maybe I can hop into the back of there buggy...

Kimmie said...

I love making that stuff. It's like fun and baking all sealed up in a zip lock bag!

Eaton Family said...

Missy you are so cute! I love the ideas that you come up with! I will have to try it out sometime. So did you like the bread?

Missy said...

This bread is SO tasty! Even Kevin couldn't stop eating it. It's very addicting so be careful:)