We just got back from our yearly trip to Mission Beach. Kevin's family has been going to San Diego every summer since he was 11 and we are happy to continue the tradition. His parents and brothers stayed in one beach house and we stayed in another one with Kevin's sister and her family.
Here is the beach house that we shared with my sister-in-law Alison and her family. It had a really nice kitchen and two really nice bathrooms with a jacuzzi tub and a 6-spigot shower. The best part was that we were just a short walk from the beach.
It has become a tradition to get a pedicure every time we go to San Diego. I like mine french. Yes, I have pizza-shaped feet.
Brenna discovering sand
Brooke prefers seaweed. A hearty meal of sand and seaweed makes for some fun diaper changes.
Brenna and Brooke both loved being on the beach and kept crawling back towards the water. Hmmmm...this could be a problem.
On Monday we went to Sea World with the whole family, it was a lot of fun.
Brooke & Brenna loved the penguins and their stinky water habitat. They would have dove in if I let them.
One day we went to a park and played on the swings.
Brookie
Brenna
Cousin Jonah
Cousin Skyler
Playing in the grass.
Such good little helpers! We teach them early that they have to earn their keep:)
Saturday was our last day at the beach so we sat out in the sand and watched the sunset. Earlier that day Kevin and I went for a walk on the boardwalk and I took pictures of all the beautiful flowers around the beach houses. You don't see these kinds of flowers in AZ. I put the picts in a slideshow for your viewing pleasure:)
We took one last picture right before we left.
We had so much fun in SD and were sad to leave the cool weather and beautiful beach. Back to reality we go, until next year:)
6 comments:
I'm glad you guys had fun.
When I was growing up we used to spend a week in DelMar every summer. The last time we were there, Curt and I surfed, it was a blast.
As always the trip had to end with a dinner at Rueben's by the airport and at least one trip to Mercado in Old Town.
The beach is great especially this time of year and it looks like your girls enjoyed the sand! Happy you're home.
looks like you had a blast!!! vacations are so important!!
looks like so much fun! Glad you had fun.
those flowers are gorgeous! your trip looks like it was so fun! i'm a big fan of the french tip! your little beach beauties are so cute, too!
Looks like a fun vacation! The girls are getting so big!
So jealous! We wish we could have been there...
Don't know how to do this, but I'm tagging you...
Post a Comment