Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sweet Kynslee


Kynslee was born on September 24, 2007 to our friends Ben and Teea Lamb that live in UT. She was born with half a heart that was on the wrong side of her chest. My husband and I had know about her situation and had been keeping track of her progress each month on her care page. This had been especially hard for me to see because our girls were born just a few weeks apart. Kynslee spent the entirety of her life in the hospital with surgeries and procedures that were an attempt to make her well. She would seem to be doing great at times, coming through surgeries and proving the doctors wrong, other times she wouldn't be doing so great and they were afraid they would lose her. Kynslee was a real fighter. About a week ago they decided to take her home because there was nothing else the doctors could do. The call came this afternoon, informing me that Kynslee had returned home to her Heavenly Father. It broke my heart, but I knew she was going to be taken care of. She was almost 7 months old. Her story has taught me more than anything else to cherish each moment I have with my girls and realize how blessed I am to have two healthy babies. How easy it is to take that for granted.

6 comments:

Adria said...

what a special spirit, thank goodness for the gospel! thank you for sharing that, it too made me realize that i take my little girl for granted.

{autie} said...

So sorry, guys. We have so much to be grateful for. Give the Lambs our best!

Anonymous said...

this is so touching. they must be amazing people to have been blessed with that sweet angel! times like this it is especially comforting to have to truth in our life!

The Robinsons said...

It is so easy to forget how special these babies are! We really are so blessed when you stop and think about it. So great that we have the eternal perspective!

Steve and Steph said...

My cousin's niece was born last month with the same heart defect...She is doing well and I have learned the exact same lesson that you expressed in your post. Tears always fill my eyes when I learn of stories of sweet babies who defy odds and teach us all lessons we could never learn on our own. I pray that their family can be comforted at this time of great loss. The blessings of the temple will be that much more meaningful to them I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

Adria said...

Hey Missy! I was going to tell you that Dunford is doing a "keys to a succesfull relationship" class every friday night at 7:15pm. It's $20 a couple every time you go. a bunch of us are going tonight if you wanna come! I think cathy and jeremy might be going too. let me know if you want to come and i'll give you directions!