Sunday, April 22, 2012

Food Face

Sometimes my kids have a hard time eating all their food because they get bored. So one day, I started making faces and objects out of their food to keep them interested. So far I've made sailboats and Easter baskets out of BBQ chicken sandwiches and grapes, but mostly I specialize in food faces.

I give you...

Grilled Cheese Carrot Apple Face

Bean and Cheese Crisp Apple Face

and

Bean and Veggie Taco Apple Mickey Mouse Face

That's a long one, and yes.... it was for me.

It was fun, and the first time I did it I even gave the girl's "food face" a voice. I and started talking to the girls saying things like "please don't eat me!" "please don't eat my eyes!" thinking it might help even more. Unfortunately, they became more interested in their food talking and stopped eating completely. So now we are back to just food faces, that can't talk like a pirate or tell stories. It's much better that way:)

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

I love your food faces!!! Like I seriously love them! What a fun, creative, mama you are! Those are way cooler than I hops pancake faces! Ps, happy late birthday!

Beka said...

very creative mommy!! i always forgot to make the food faces....

your baby boy is SO big!! you are a rockstar mommy for nursing for 17months....

LOVED your bday post- so funny:)