Sunday, August 15, 2010

Six Years

Saturday, August 7th was our 6th Wedding Anniversary!

It's amazing to think of all that has happened since our wedding day.

Being so heavy with child, I knew we wouldn't be going anywhere too far this year. At least not out of state like we did last year. At the last minute, we decided to join my side of the family on a boat trip to Lake Roosevelt. We woke up at 430am (crazy...yes) and headed off to the lake with two boats in tow. This was the girl's first experience on a boat, and while they were skeptical at first, they grew to enjoy it. They played on the boat, and swam in the water with their life jackets and inner tubes to keep them afloat.
I really enjoyed being on the lake. My only issue was needing to pee every hour, but that's what lakes are good for you know. I swam around a lot, and hung out in the boat while watching others wake board. It was a pretty relaxing trip for me, although my hair might tell a different story.Kevin did a good job of tending to the kids in the water, and attempted to wake board for the first time. The water was really choppy which makes it hard to wake board to begin with, but he was a good sport about it anyways.

We had a fun time, and I'm really glad we went. After we had eaten lunch, we headed home. The girls and I zonked in the car while Kevin attempted to stay awake long enough to drive us home.

We made it home safe and sound, and after showering and getting all gussied up, we dropped the girls off at Kevin's Mom's house. Next stop was Cafe Rio for dinner. I can never get enough of their pork salad. It is really really good!

Once we were sufficiently stuffed, we headed over to the IMAX at Arizona Mills to see the movie Inception. Kevin had already seen it once before and really liked it. I had never been to an IMAX theatre before, so it was cool watching the movie on the ginormous screen.

The movie left me a little confused at the end, but it was very entertaining, and kept my attention the entire time. Overall it was a great day, and I was so happy to spend it with my sweetie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe Happy Anniversary!

Robyn and Anthony said...

Ah fun anniversary!!! I didn't realize that when we were at the lake :) Happy 6 years!