Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Tale of Two Egg Yolks

This past Easter, my Mom and her "boyfriend" Alan announced that they were engaged. Planning commenced, and they opted for a short engagement. July 1st was going to be the "big day," the day when they were hoping to be sealed in the Mesa Temple. June 30th rolled around, and I found myself in the kitchen making some eggs for breakfast. As I cracked the first egg open onto the pan, out poured two egg yolks. One egg white, and two yolks folks. It had me staring for a few moments. After looking it up on the Internet, I found out that there is a superstition that says if you get an egg with two yolks, it means that a marriage will soon come to pass. Right it was.

The next day was my Mom and Alan's Temple Marriage and Open House.

The Newlyweds

They were sealed in the afternoon, and they both looked so happy coming out in their wedding garb.

The Daughters
Lucky me got 5 new sisters:)
{Robyn, Me, Aimee, Sarah, Tina, Alan, Lindsay, Jen, Keri, Deanna, and Kristi}
My Family

Not the most flattering angle, but what can you do?

Cousins

{Brenna, new cousin Mailey, Brooke and Bryant}

The Prego Sisters

My sister Aimee is visiting from Kentucky and is also expecting a baby boy about a week before me.

The Temple Ceremony and Open House were wonderful,
and it's so nice to have my Mom happily married to a wonderful fella:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that egg tidbit is pretty interesting! never heard that before...
congrats to the happy couple and getting new 5 sisters :)

Eaton Family said...

Holy smokes 5 new sisters! I love the picture of Allen with 10 lovely ladies! that is so cute! I am so glad that your mom was able to find him! Did they move into your moms house or did she move out of the ward?

Missy said...

Thanks:)

Stacey- He moved into my Mom's house, so now they are both in Grandview Ward.

Brittani said...

what an adorable picture of you and your pregnant sister! I love it!

Kristen said...

What beautiful dresses you got to wear - and that's awesome they look great on both preggo and non-preggo. :)

Hopefully your two little boys will be great friends!