July 9th was Cow Appreciation Day at Chic-Fil-A. Last year the girls and I had fun dressing up and getting free meals, and I was excited to do it again.
The girls didn't have any black or white clothing in their wardrobe, so I whipped up some cow masks and "shirts". Once we got to the restaurant, they didn't want anything to do with their costumes. They HATED them, especially the masks, but luckily they wore them long enough to get their free meal.
Once we got our meals and I took off their costumes, we were able to relax and visit with Aunt Robyn and cousin Landon. That was until the Chic-Fil-A cow made his grand appearance. Something about that large cow mascot doesn't sit well with them.
After all the drama we headed home, and lucky for me they took a nice long nap.
Which at this age is unheard of, and definitely worth documenting:)
7 comments:
We had a VERY similar experience with the mascot. Why is that so scary for kids & knowing they are that terrifying, why do they have them? Glad you guys had fun. You certainly looked cute.
So funny they were afraid of the cow, yet they were dressed up like one :)
I LOVE the free meals there! I miss it, they have yummy chicken! I dont blame them I would want to take my mask off to...its hard to eat with it on! They looked super cute though! And naps...yes please!!
Ah I love a good nap! Glad there was a positive ending to the cow appreciation day :)
i was with melinda one day when that cow walked out, makena was so scared, but yet so curious!! haha it was priceless!
p.s. i love the toys in the girl's beds!
you are seriously the funnest mom ever!
Last year both of my kids hated their garbage bag costumes and the giant cow too, but this year they warmed up to both!
P.s. Sorry I couldn't make it to your baby shower! I really wanted to come, but we were out of town! I can't wait to see what that adorable baby boy of yours is going to look like.
Post a Comment