Monday, July 12, 2010

Highlights {SD Part 3}

SeaWorld

This was the first year that the girls could actually appreciate going to Sea World. They loved seeing all the animals and touching everything.

Meeting Rafael

I can only assume that the girls favorite show at SeaWorld was Pet's Rule, and only because they got to pet the pig afterwards. P.S. The Blue Horizon's show was lame-o.

Day 2 of SeaWorld

The day after we went to see all the shows, Kevin and his Mom took the girls back to the play area at SeaWorld while I hit up a few thrift stores.

(Take a gander at Brooke's flexed calf. Is that for real?)

Brenna's Whistle

During one of the shows at SeaWorld, Brenna taught herself how to whistle. Basically, she places two fingers by her mouth while she shrieks loudly. Ask her to whistle next time you see her.

The playground on the bay

The girls burned off a lot of energy, and I got myself a nice farmer's tan. It was a win-win.

Bicycle Trailer Rides

This was the perfect way to get the girls around when we were going somewhere close.

The San Diego Temple

After several attempts over the last 3 years, Kevin and I were finally able to do a Temple session in the San Diego Temple. The outside was covered with scaffolding at the time, but the inside was gorgeous.

Strawberry Shortcake Obsession

Brenna picked this DVD at WalMart before we left. They took quite a liking to it, and watched it about 7 times on our trip, and every day since we have been home. I have never watched it all the way through, but I pretty much have all the songs memorized. Annoying as it was, it kept the girls happy during car rides, and the inside of the DVD case smells like strawberries.

Just bein' on the beach

What can I say...it's the best!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

It's almost like the San Diego Temple doesn't want AZ visitors. We attempted 2 or 3 times too before we finally hit it when it was opened.

Glad you sort of had fun at Sea World. Blue Horizons, lame. We still can't stop talking about how lame.

Jen said...

Wow, it's weird seeing the temple like that.

Shellee said...

Straww, Straw, Straw, Straw, Strawberry.

I know how you feel. It's funny to think that you feel so blessed to have a DVD player in your car... until the kids want to watch the same movie over and over.

The girls are the perfect age for Sea World, because right now they are seeing the big world!!

You look great!

Corinne said...

I'm officially jealous. Looks like it was a great trip. btw - when did the girls get so big? They're looking so much older.

Eaton Family said...

ok can I just say that you are the cutest prego person! I am freaking huge, and you are lookin so cute! JEALOUS! You trip look amazing, and so much fun! I cant wait to take the kids to Sea World I think they are finally old enough to really enjoy it too!

Anonymous said...

i've been wanting to go to the SD temple for a while now. glad you two were able to.
your trip looks like you had so much fun!!
i'm loving the baby bump!! you look great!

Annie said...

Oh my Gabi does that exact same whistle thing...oh my ears....LOL

And she also loves strawberry shortcake, so did I as a kid actually.. who knew! LOL