Friday morning we commenced on our annual trip to Mission Beach in San Diego. It's usually our one and only family vacation of the year, and so we cherish it like we do Christmas. We literally talk about it for months like salivating, sugar deprived children waiting for an ice cream truck.
This year we figured that the six hour drive would be manageable with conscious children. As long as we were prepared that is. With a little effort and planning, each of us were well equipped with items to help keep us happy.
I had two birthy-books that I guzzled down like iced lemonade,
(I read this one, and this one...both are fantastic by the way)
and Kevin had his I-Pod.
We made a quick stop at Kneader's Bakery in Yuma, and after we had our bag of Cinnamon Bread and Fish Shaped Sugar Cookies, we were back on the road.
Fortunately the hours flew by, and it became obvious we weren't in Arizona anymore. Through our gut spattered windshield, I could see the sign "beaches," and I knew we were almost there.
The temperature tipped us off too.
San Diego Ahoy!
5 comments:
Glad to hear the trip there went well! We'll be making that same trip in a few weeks! It's good to know you can survive! Can't wait to see pictures from the vacation!
You got me at 68'.
I'll just dream that i'm there now.
We really want to go to SD -- where do you stay?
Lani-
We stay on Mission Beach in a beach house.
your trips definately out do mine! i'm glad you liked that book :) can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip went!
Post a Comment