For part of my Mother's Day gift, Kevin offered to do the dishes and the laundry for a week each. I was very excited, as those are my least favorite house duties.
Now we've been married long enough to where I know that I shouldn't expect dishes or laundry to get done in the same fashion that I do them. Our definitions of "doing the dishes," or "laundry" vary quite a bit, and it's best just to not go there. We're never going to do things exactly the same way, and I have to remind myself of that constantly. So, I decided to just enjoy the service from my sweet husband, and not worry about how it was being done.
When I went to get a shirt out of the closet the other morning, I noticed two items that didn't belong on the far left. The pink and blue "shirts," are actually Brenna and Brooke's dresses.
because that accidental compliment was just what I needed:)
9 comments:
That's hilarious... at least he thinks you're skinny enough to fit into their dresses like shirts!
well that's just awesome!
You should put one of the "shirts" on for him when he comes home (:
Husbands are sweet, and you are right about them doing chores very differently from us.
Perfect compliment, I agree :)
It's soooo true. James has been taking on a lot since I've been sick and one thing is the laundry and I always end up with at least one item of Lexi's in my closet :) not to mention I color organize my shirts but thats just asking WAY to much of James, so when I start feeling better I'll be spending some time re-color organizing my shirts again :)
That is awesome! And sounds like a good gift to me.
i love that!
Don't be fooled by your husbands ladies! They do it wrong on purpose so you will do it henceforth and forevermore! :) I'm sure Elliot loads the dishwasher backwards on purpose . . . seriously, didn't he just UN-load it and see how nicely I fit everything in? Though, I must give him credit because he did our laundry for the first year of our marriage because we didn't have a washer/dryer and I worked on Saturday. He's a good clothes folder. But the dishes are a different story.
You crack me up Whitney! I guess "accidents" like this can happen on purpose... They are tricky aren't they?
Post a Comment