Friday's ultrasound couldn't have come any sooner. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning as I dropped off the girls at Grammy's house, and headed to the ultrasound center. Kevin and I had both been harboring a little nervousness leading up to this day. We were hoping that there wouldn't be any surprises, other than the baby's gender, and I think we can't help but relate ultrasounds to surprises at this point.
When the ultrasound tech started measuring, our eyes were immediately glued to the screen. We watched as she measured the baby's head, kidneys, nose, neck, and then legs, promising to check for the gender once all the measurements were complete.
I found myself attempting to study each black and white body part with a critical eye, counting heart chambers, or what I thought were heart chambers, and wondering to myself what a normal baby's kidneys look like. Was everything there? Did everything look normal?
As she was finishing the measurements of the baby's legs, the baby moved and I saw a little flicker of something white and weenie-like. My eyes got huge and I immediately shot a glance at Kevin, while the ultrasound tech did the same to me. She knew that I saw "it," but wasn't sure if Kevin saw it too.
Kevin, completely unaware, continued to gaze at the baby's movements waiting patiently for the big news. And so the ultrasound tech continued, and got a nice close up before she said, "and there is the sex."
"It's a boy!"
My sweet husband, being the laid back mellow man that he is, smiled and repeated her words. I could tell that he was shocked, and I admit that I was a little shocked too. I think it's still sinking in.
She took a lot of 4-D pictures like the one above, the majority of them resembling a little alien baby to which Kevin commented: "look babe, he looks just like you!" Ha ha ha....
Most importantly, our baby boy seemed to have all of his parts and was measuring right where he should be. Other good news was that my placenta was far far away from my cervix, and my c-section scar, so I shouldn't have to deal with placenta previa like I did with my last pregnancy.
Everything looked great, and we are so grateful!
And so here we are, embarking on a completely different journey
with ONE baby
BOY
that will hopefully be delivered by
VBAC
and will bring so many
NEW
experiences and joys into our lives.
I can't help but feel like a new mom all over again, and at the same time I feel so blessed!
So the majority of you {73%} were correct after all!
Thanks to everyone who played along:)
16 comments:
WAHOO!!!! Gosh, I felt like I was there in the ultrasound with you! Can't wait to see your boy! (but I will, because I really don't want you to have him right now, because he's not done yet, so just keep him in there, OK).
I knew it! YAY!!!!!!!
So So So excited for you guys!! Now is the best part of the pregnancy...fattening up that little man inside you :)
Hooray!!!! I'm so excited for you! Boys are SO much fun! (I don't know anything about girls so I can't really compare). The girls are going to be the best little mothers to their little brother. It will be so awesome! Congrats!
YEA! Congrats! I am so happy for you. I love having both genders. I hope you get to have a great VBAC too. It is SO much better than a C-Section(I even got an infection w/ lots of pain after mine and it was still leaps and bounds better then C-section)
Hope all continues to be healthy & happy for you:)
Wahoo...yea for boys! You are going to have so much fun, and so will Kevin!
oh, get excited!
congrats, guys!
Congratulations! i really wanted you to have a boy!!!!! i am so happy for you! Boys are such fun!
Congrats! Seriously, boys are awesome. Be prepared to have less drama while I get prepared for more! :)
yeah, congratulations!!!
congratulations!! boys are so much fun, but as I am sure you will find out- so much different!! Have fun and good luck with everything.
That's so awesome! Congrats! Any names picked out yet?
congrats again :)
i am THRILLED for you. oh what fun this will be :)
Yeah!! Congrats! Boys are wonderful too
This is SO exciting - congrats! It really is a whole new and exciting experience for you guys. Can't wait to see what this little boy will look like....probably just like Kevin, huh?!
Post a Comment