Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April's Announcements

We got an offer on our house!

We haven't really made any big announcements that we are moving, but we are currently in the beginning stages. We are attempting to short sale our home due the to crap-tastic housing market, and the fact that our family has outgrown our two bedroom condo. Those of you who also purchased your homes around 2005, or soon after, know what we're dealing with. It's not a fun situation, but we are hoping that by doing things this way that we can avoid foreclosure. We listed our home at the end of March, and after attempting to keep it spotless while showing it half a dozen times, we got an offer on April 2nd. Now we are waiting to find out if the bank will accept the offer, and in the mean time we are looking for a house to rent.
Wish us luck:)

My Mom got engaged!

On Easter afternoon, we had a luncheon at my Mom's house between conference sessions. She has been dating a wonderful guy named Allen, and they surprised us by announcing their engagement. We couldn't be more excited for her, and we have enjoyed getting to know Allen and his family. It has been fun helping them make wedding plans, and attempting to figure out if I will fit into the assigned dress come summertime. I love weddings!


I'm half way there!

A week ago I hit my halfway mark in this pregnancy (give or take a few weeks). I feel great, and this belly of mine just keeps growing and growing! I've been enjoying feeling him move for the last month, and I've been busy stocking up on boy clothes. I even got Kevin to agree to submit some boy names so we can work towards finalizing a name for the little fella. Boy names are hard I tell you! I also just ordered the hypnobabies home study course, and started interviewing doulas in preparation for this birth. You can read more about my birth plans and progress on my birth blog.


We registered the girls for preschool!

A few weeks ago we registered the girls for preschool! It's hard to believe that they will be old enough to go this fall. We visited the preschool to take a look around and meet the teachers, and the girls LOVED it. I let them pick out backpacks at the store, which resulted in Brooke begging me to take her to preschool every day. Patience doesn't come easy for a two year old:) Hopefully by keeping the summer busy with swim lessons and movie days, it will go by quickly, and August will be here before they know it.

Boy this month went by fast!

11 comments:

Beka said...

hope the house sale goes thru! we are in the same boat, but trying to keep it & hope to rid of it sometime soon:) it stinks paying all that $$ to something i know will never appreciate back to what we bought it for--what preschool did you register your girls at? sounds exciting! i'm really excited you are having a boy!hope all goes well with the birthing "stuff":)- i have a friend whose a doula- let me know if you are interested in contacting her

Eaton Family said...

Sorry about the home, we are in the same process. I hope the bank will accept the offer so you guys can move forward! You can get a great home to rent for an amazing price right now! Your belly is SO tiny I cant believe that you are half way and that small. I feel huge!! lol Good luck and keep us updated on the house!

Anonymous said...

dang my blog stinks at keeping me updated, somehow i missed when you posted this!
yes: craptastic is the perfect word for the housing market, i hope that offer gets approved!
congrats to you mom! that's so exciting!
loving the bump! and your outfit is cute :) i think we have the same camera, too.
last but not least, oh my heck! the girls are so cute! i can't believe how grown up they are getting!
sorry for the long, drawn out comment :/

Kimmie said...

Sad yo guys are moving! Good luck though, and super congratulations to your mom! Weddings are so exciting! The girls look very cute with their backpacks! And you are adorable with your pregnant belly!

Steve and Steph said...

congrats on getting an offer. We know the drill with the short sale...took us 9 months in total with offer and moving in. I hope it's faster for you guys! you look so cute with your belly!!!

Emmy said...

Congrats on the offer! Hope the banks help it go through soon. We bought our house in Mesa at the end of 2006.. but yeah, we are going through the same boat.
you look great for being halfway.. I got big so quickly this time.

Dylana Suarez said...

Just came across your blog!

It is lovely!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Jen said...

SO much is going on in your life ight now I just can't keep up.
Congrats to your Mom! Hope you find a house really soon, I let you know If I hear of anything.
You look adorable with that little belly:)
I'm going to cry the 1st day of school with Katelyn I know it. Oh they look so grown up.

Natalie said...

How exciting that you will be moving. Good luck with the move. I cant belive your girls are starting pre-school next year!

Kristen said...

I love the shirt you are wearing in this post, it looks so cute and comfy! I want it. :)
Hope everything with the house works out! Yeah.. one of my friends bought their house just months before the market crashed and it's the biggest regret of their lives because now they're trapped. I'm sure everything will go smoothly - and that you can move before you have the baby! From prior experience, it's WAY easier to move when you are pregnant than when you have a newborn.
Good luck with the summer and the 2 kids - I'm am trying to figure things to fill the time, too!

aezra noell said...

haven't blogged in months (literally) and so forgive me for being behind. but congrats! you look adorable. You have that great slender long body...you still look so tiny being how far you are. So jealous. it must be that time of year, im about 21 weeks pregnant. Swear man, seems like everyone is pregnant. hahaha. and the new house change is hard but good. we just did the same thing in april...(hence why i haven't blogged). Sure wish we could sell ours. But in the mean time our best option is renting out...so its a good thing you can avoid all that. sorry, im blabbing.have a good day!