Thursday, February 18, 2010

This month is such a special one, it's birthday time for me.

POST EDIT: if you want to get the free meal from the Keg for your birthday month, YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP ON THEIR WEBSITE AND RECEIVE THE COUPON FOR IT VIA E-MAIL. I realize I wasn't specific about that part and I'd hate for anyone to go there expecting a free meal without the coupon. It's not like Joe's BBQ where you can just show them your license to prove it's your birthday and they give you a free meal.
This week I hit a big milestone.

I turned a QUARTER OF A CENTURY old, or 25, however you wish to put it.
Obviously it's more dramatic the first way.

According to this pie chart, I still have 3/4 of a century left, so I really shouldn't worry too much at this point.

Kevin took the day off so we could have fun and spend time together, which made the day extra special. For breakfast he made me toast and scrambled eggs, and he let me eat it in bed while he fed the monkeys.

He then presented to me my gifts which were as follows:

- smelly shower gel


- this custom made envelope with monies for a thrift store shopping spree (at first it scared me a little as I wasn't sure who the scary lady was on the front)

- a french manicure set

- a toilet scrubbing brush

It was just what I had asked for, minus the toilet scrubbing brush, although we did need one of those too. Plus he gave me a baby, and I had that one on my birthday list way back when.
So after I got my gifts we got ready for the day, and headed out to Joe's BBQ to meet Kevin's parents for lunch. It has become tradition for us pretty much since they give you a free birthday meal.
I love, love, Joe's BBQ. I'm not even a BBQ person, but I love their food, and I love it when it's free even more (notice the lady directly behind me that is also smiling for the picture)

Shirley and Reed bought us (minus me of course) lunch and gave me my birthday gift to open. They got me some nice perfume that I wanted, a gift card to Target, and a Moby wrap! I'm a lucky lady to have such sweet in-laws.

After lunch, we dropped the girls off at my MIL's house, and headed to the Mesa Temple to do a session. We hadn't been for a few months, and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity since we had a babysitter. There has also been a lot weighing on my mind lately, and it was so nice to feel that calmness and peace that the Temple offers. What better feeling to have on your birthday right? And to go along with birthday tradition, it was free.


After our temple session, we went to dinner at the Keg Steakhouse because they give you a free $24 prime rib dinner for your birth month. I'm not a fan of prime rib, but you can get a meal that costs up to $24 for free instead, and that is a fantastic deal! I got the Teriyaki Chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, and Kevin got the grilled Halibut with vegetables and a side of shrimp. Probably one of the best meals we have had, honestly it was that good. I would highly recommend signing up for their birthday deal, unless you prefer to pay for your food of course.


Upon ariving at my in-laws to pick up pick up the girls I was presented with this tasty masterpiece. Brenna and Brooke were kind enough to help my MIL make this birthday cake for me. They even helped frost it, sprinkle it, and taste test it. What sweet little girls I have.

It was a very Happy Birthday to me:)

9 comments:

Ham N Cheese said...

I'm so glad you had a great b-day! I can't wait to see you grow a baby bump, everyone looks malnourished to me at this point;)

Robyn and Anthony said...

Sounds like it was a great day- yay!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun day! Your girls are getting so big and cute!

As Told By Molly said...

My husband thanks you for the heads up on the Keg - one of our favorite places; and I say Happy Birthday!!

You will LOVE your Moby.

Jenny said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day. You deserve that on your birthday -- toilet brush and all.

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday!! It does look like a great day and so many Free things, go you!

Love how the girls helped taste the cake :)

Jana said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks for deals:) We called all over for Sean's birthday but the best we could find is a free dessert at the restaurants in Logan:(

Anonymous said...

so glad it was a fun day! :) i havnt heard of the keg. we'll have to try it out this year. we always go to joes farm grill. but ya cant beat $24 towards your meal!
happy quarter of a century!

* said...

Firstly, you are photogenic & beautiful! (gush)

Secondly, I didn't realize you were a thrifter! That is one of my fave bday (and any day) activities, too!

Hope it was a lovely bday all around. And yes, it sounds like your inlaws are great people!