Sunday, February 21, 2010

Presenting...

Our ONE-piece McNugget:)
We were really excited and anxious to have an early ultrasound with this pregnancy. With my last pregnancy it wasn't offered, and we had to wait until almost 20wks to find out that we were expecting two instead of one. Just a little bit of a shocker.

This ultrasound was done a few weeks ago (around 10wks) and baby looked great. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was wonderful, and it was amazing to see our little baby moving around already with its little hands and feet. The ultra sound tech told us that he or she was about the size of a gummy bear. It's amazing how something so small can already look like a baby.

I'm excited to have one baby this time, it's like a whole new adventure. The pregnancy, the birth, the nursing, and the getting up at night, it will all be so different and new.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay congrats!! I didn't get an ultrasound until 20 weeks with my first but my new OBGYN has a routine 10 week ultrasound and an optional gender check at 16 weeks instead of waiting till 20 weeks!! That month of knowing it is a boy made all the difference :) Goodluck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Jenny said...

Oh! That's just so great! Congratulations!

OurFamily said...

How sweet! I want a 3-d ultrasound! What a cutie! Congrats

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm root'n for a boy.

The Robinsons said...

YAY for one baby!! :)

Emmy said...

How exciting! And such a great picture for it being so early

As Told By Molly said...

I can't believe you didn't know about the twins till 20 weeks?! Heck ya that's a shocker. One will be so much fun, except that the girls will have to take turns holding him (or her)! :)

Beka said...

thats so funny- we found out we were having twins around 18 weeks too!! it really is nice having just 1 baby at nightime after having twins- SO much easier:) you will love it- esp since you are smart and potty training your twins now:) im excited to hear what you are having!

Teea Lamb said...

He/she is already so cute! :) We are excited for you guys!

Kimmie said...

I am so excited and happy for you guys! You guys make perfect adorable babies, and this one will be no exception! I think it's a boy! I have no reason to think so, I just do.

Also, Happy late Birthday! i love the way you guys celebrate! You're so fun! Birthdays are the best!

Jen said...

Oh I just love it.
I swear the routine takes forever to get used to again, But I guess the 1 newborn thing is foreign to ya. But easier than 2 at once :)

Malia said...

Beautiful!!!

Kristen said...

Wow, that picture is incredible, especially since it's the size of a GUMMY BEAR?? Crazy.

Yeah, I can't imagine the differences between a twin and single pregnancy... here's to hoping it's easier this time around for you!! : )

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog!

* said...

One instead of two is huge. I'm so relieved and happy for you!

We, too, were worried when I got pregnant with our child #4 because it could have just as easily been child #4 & #5. When you've had twins once, your entire perspective changes in a way other people can never "get."

But, girl, I get you. Totally. And having 1 baby after having twins is *CaKe*!!!!!

:) Blessings to you, I'm so breathing a sigh of happy relief for you guys!!

Eaton Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! That is the cutest picture I love how they already look like a baby it is so amazing! I am so excited for you guys!