
Saturday night we did the unthinkable. We left our cautious parent thinking caps at home, and took our girls to their first movie.
Two, two year olds..
at a 90 minute movie..
on a Saturday night...
at a busy theatre, no less.
Yes, we were "those parents."
I was really reluctant at first, but after 30 minutes of battling over the matter, I could tell that Kevin's heart was really set on seeing a movie. So I shook off a few of my worry warts, stuffed my purse with enough fruit snacks and bite-sized goods to last 90 minutes, and we were off.
I was really reluctant at first, but after 30 minutes of battling over the matter, I could tell that Kevin's heart was really set on seeing a movie. So I shook off a few of my worry warts, stuffed my purse with enough fruit snacks and bite-sized goods to last 90 minutes, and we were off.
Amazingly enough, the girls were practically perfect during the movie. They sat quietly, snacks perched in each hand, mesmerized by the large screen, and attempting to balance themselves on chairs that seemed to gobble them right up. There were other little girls in the audience too, and so we didn't seem to be as out of place as we had thought. It was so nice to enjoy a movie with the whole family. It was almost too good to be true. And so we left the theatre, with the girls in our arms and popcorn in our bellies, happy that it all worked out. Little did we know that it wasn't the movie we should have been worried about. 


After a few hours of being home, my stomach began sending me some ugly threats. Kevin was kind enough to tailor to my needs, until he was suddenly disabled by the same crippling lurching in his stomach. We immediately found the popcorn and it's buttery dressing to be guilty, as it was the only food item that we both had that day. Luckily the girls only had a few pieces and didn't seem to be having any issues. We went to bed early, hoping it would wear off by morning, but it wasn't meant to be.

Now I have never been very skilled at throwing up, but this popcorn gave me some major talent. Let's just say that I was fishing popcorn kernels out of my nose after the fact. And poor Kevin, whose intestines are built of steel, who eats creepy slimy creatures of the sea without worry, was so utterly defeated by this same stomach bug.
It was really bad.
The girls went with Kevin's parents for the day, allowing us to continue our bathroom to bed rotations uninterrupted. 24 hours of sickness came to a close soon after receiving wonderful priesthood blessings, and we couldn't have been happier.
Next time we are at the movies, we will bring our own popcorn, or just forgo the "butter dressing" just in case.
9 comments:
I'm SO sad you were sick all day Sunday. It's the pits to be sick and throwing up. I do find it funny that your previous blog title had the word "Barf" in it, though.
Vomit is the "pits"! But you tell it in such an histarical manor so I will say this, "I am histarically SORRY you and your hunny were sick."
Oh no! I am so sorry, that just sounds awful. Glad your girls were able to go somewhere else for the day.
Up your nose gross! I don't add the butter and I have never gotten sick. I think you are right, that must have been the culprit.
how was the movie? i have yet to take my little one to a movie... maybe someday soon
Our first year of marriage we saw a lot of movies, and I always ate the buttery popcorn and felt so sick! I've learned my lesson! I never threw up though! You poor people! i'm glad you all liked the movie though! My kids liked it too!
i'm glad your girls were good for the movie- my boys LOVE going to movies - you should take them to alvin & chipmunks- its super cute! sorry you got sick- no fun!! glad you are better
So sorry about the barfs. A few other bloggers have talked about the bug, too, lately. Must be something in the popcorn...
Hope you are all well soon!
Yikes. I didn't realize that popcorn held that power. I find it a little ironic that your previous post was entitle kitty barf art. I'm beginning to see a trend.... I'm glad the girls did well at the movie, though. We took Skyler to his first theater movie when he was about their age. It did not go well. He got bored about 30 minutes in. I know Jonah would do fabulous though.
Post a Comment