A fun family tradition on Kevin's side is the "Good Night Fairy," who secretly leaves us each a new pair of pajamas every Christmas Eve. She knows our size and color preferences, and always does a great job, plus she usually shops at Target.
We decided to spend the night at Kevin's parents house, and so after the girls went to bed, we got busy testing out Brenna and Brooke's Christmas gifts from us. Luckily they were able to pass a very vigorous inspection.
Christmas morning we ate breakfast, and waited for everyone esle to get there while the girls discovered a few of their gifts waiting by the tree.
It was really fun watching Brenna and Brooke unwrapping their own gifts, and getting excited about all their new toys. I think Christmas will only become funner each year with them.
What do you do when you win a pug portrait from DI at a white elephant exchange?
You wrap it up and give it to your sister-in-law that has a pug of course. Next we went to have Christmas with my side of the family and enjoyed a tasty brunch of Eggs Benedict, mush, and Cinnamon Bread French Toast, followed by the opening of more presents.
A few fun but unexpected gifts this year were a "luggable loo," which is a portable toilet used while camping or when the world ends, and a solar oven from my dad. When times get tough we'll be baking cookies in our sun-powered oven and sitting on our loo. I think we may actually be excited for 2012.
We had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed spending time with family.
11 comments:
glad it was good.
yes, i know i need to switch the link on my blog for yours... i will eventually get to it... eventually...
and um, hello! you are freakin as skinny as brooke white in the last post- and you had TWO KIDS! oh my lanta you are my hero.
I love the "luggable loo," what a great idea.
what a fun christmas!! those little cars are so fun to ride! i got an electric & my hub got a manual wheat grinder--he said too when we lose electricity during tough times, the first thing he's gonna do is start grinding wheat:)!!
Bekah-Wheat grinders are awesome! That's perfect that you got an electric and manual. You'll be ready:)
The chicken sandwich looks so yummy! And the pug pic regifted? Brilliant!
Looks like a fun Christmas. And aren't toys the real reason we have kids, so we have an excuse to play with the great toys again? :)
What is your sister in laws name??? I swear I know her!
That's hilarious! If times get tough we know who to visit!
Great pug picture! We always end up with the worst white elephant gifts, and we always bring really cool ones too. This year I did get a monkey mug, which is my best gift in 7 years. Outback on Christmas Eve sounds divine! I love that place!
great pics! I'm glad you guys had a merry christmas! Cooper got really into christmas this year too which made it extra fun! I love you girls!
Adorable Christmas Pjs. Gabi got the same ones! And she loved them so much she didn't take them off for 3 days! LOL
Post a Comment