Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Realizations As Of Late

My children's hair is much more forgiving then I am of my own hair cutting (in)abilities.

Peanut butter play dough is genius, as it provides a fun activity and snack all at the same time. {as long as your child isn't allergic to peanut butter of course}

The girls truly LOVE it when I involve them in my cooking/baking, and it is a great opportunity to have fun together.

Sometimes fake happy smiles look more like angry gremlin smiles.

Jelly shoes are cute on the girls but they probably weren't meant for those with large talons like me-self.

I subconsciously become excited when the IKEA catalog arrives in the mail. I don't plan on spending any money there, but I will be window shopping from the comfort of my bathroom.

Sometimes what starts as helping ends up hurting.

Sit down family dinners should be held even if not everyone can be there. Making it partially candlelit creates some great dinner conversation.

These girls could use a younger sibling.

It's not realistic to arrange my girl's marriages this early, but it's fun to think about anyway.

Two skittles has Brenna doing her business on the "lellow potty" aka little potty instead of in her 16 cent diaper. Yessssss.

I have a feeling that the girls will only become more and more interested in mommy's makeup, jewelry, brassieres, and fancy head bands, so I guess I need to learn to share too.

That is all.

9 comments:

Beka said...

cute cute cute! so i tried to save that pic you took of the kids at the mall but its being weird, can you email it to me? its super cute! it was fun- we need to do it again! my boys were saying brooke & brenna all the way home & the rest of the day:)

The Coons Family said...

Your girls are so cute and fun!

Anonymous said...

oh my! your girls are so adorable! i can't believe they are almost 2!

The Robinsons said...

love this post! the girls are super cute as usual!

Emmy said...

Love this post. My Alex always wants my makeup, so my mother-in-law gave her a little makeup bag complete with old empty makeup containers and brushes. She loves it. And now when I do my makeup she goes and grabs her bag.

Kimmie said...

I love every single picture of these two! Do you know those twins at the mall play place, or was it just a coincidence that there were some other twins there?

Missy said...

We planned that playdate with the twin boys. They are the nephews of one of my friends and are 8 months older than my girls. I couldn't resist:)

As Told By Molly said...

Peanut butter play dough?! That is genius. I love your semi-candle light dinner with your two-year olds. That's my kind of formal.

Annie said...

You guys are so cute! Gabi also love to look "pretty" and do hair and makeup LOL!